• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disney Senior Dubbing Manager: Heavenly Delusion Anime to Get Simulcast in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiwi93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:28 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:

Yea and that’s most likely because Crunchyroll is also simulcasting it.
Netflix also did a simulcast of Uncle From Another World and Komi Can't Communicate and neither of those were on Netflfix. The only shows I'm aware of they still seem to release as binge watch shows are those that are actually produced for Netflix and not Japanese broadcast and Jojo's. I'll be interested to see if they simulcast Shaman King Flowers since the reboot was released before they started doing simulcasts for newer shows.

They simulcasted them in Japan while the rest of the world was behind by 2 weeks for the new episodes, I’ll admit it’s better than their batch release but I wouldn’t call having to wait 2 weeks a simulcast.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:38 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
I am legitimately shocked by this news. I never thought they would actually realize simulcast is what people want.

It's not like this is thevfirst time something they've licensed was simulcast. Bleach TYBW and Tokyo Revengers s2 both simulcasted the past 2 seasons.

Just remember that Bleach was licensed by Viz, not Disney.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:

Netflix also did a simulcast of Uncle From Another World and Komi Can't Communicate

Weren't those after a couple week's delay? That's definitely better than batching, but not actually simulcast.
Joker#941490

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Kiwi93 wrote:

Netflix also did a simulcast of Uncle From Another World and Komi Can't Communicate and neither of those were on Netflfix. The only shows I'm aware of they still seem to release as binge watch shows are those that are actually produced for Netflix and not Japanese broadcast and Jojo's. I'll be interested to see if they simulcast Shaman King Flowers since the reboot was released before they started doing simulcasts for newer shows.

also Blue Period
FlyingOrange

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:52 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
I am legitimately shocked by this news. I never thought they would actually realize simulcast is what people want. Though, what 'kind' of simulcast do they mean though. Simulcast for us means same day, but sometimes they fudge it to be like a week or something

I think it makes sense for Hulu to simulcast anime considering simulcast tv shows were one of its main appeal for a long time (and arguably still is).
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:22 am Reply with quote
Disney and the hard-R Heavenly Delusion is the same sentence is insane but less so in Europe. Our Disney+ has Hula shows as part of it. So Pam & Tommy´s talking cock is an official Disney product.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:15 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/thereubeh/status/1642188861903360000
Quote:
Tengoku Daimakyo Episode 1 is now up on Disney+ internationally with multi-language subs! There's a one-off delay with Hulu for the US audience that'll be resolved early next week. Shouldn't impact the normal launch for remaining eps once it goes up, apologies for the delay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2