• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: The Witch From Mercury Anime Reveals 2nd Promo Video, Main Cast, October 2 Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:26 am Reply with quote
I don't quite get the complaints about the OP, it's not really my cup of tea but I don't think it's any more jarring than any other non-UC Gundam OP/EDs... If there's anything to complain about, look at how silly the promo image is, with the mech striking a pose like that, as if it was just another human character. Very Happy Not to mention how difficult it is to make out Suletta, the actual main character on the image, what with her colors being so similar to the Gundam's. If I wasn't following the other girl's hand and gaze, I wouldn't have noticed Suletta right away.

Anyway, I'm cautiously looking forward to this. Non-UC Gundams have been generally more miss than hit for me, so I hope this is going to be a hit...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:31 am Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Jay_Stone wrote:
I really liked the atmosphere the previous trailer and teaser gave me. I kinda had the same feeling in the beginning here.. until the opening song kicked in, yikes

Same here. And I can already tell that the girl with the ridiculous pink hair is totally going to kill this series for me... Sad

Considering we have a Gundam show with the requisite silly names, why not have a silly hairdo to go with it?
Cryten

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:42 am Reply with quote
Someone left the central guide lines for the limbs and bodies in after their rough sketches as the basis for those uniforms and stockings.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:56 am Reply with quote
RockSplash wrote:
Jay_Stone wrote:
I really liked the atmosphere the previous trailer and teaser gave me. I kinda had the same feeling in the beginning here.. until the opening song kicked in, yikes

You must be new to gundam. Honestly, outside of UC, it's normal for Jpop in openings and endings. He'll, seeds openings sound like they could be rave songs.

Probably because the opening song clashes with the soundtrack, not to mention the artist sounds like someone is strangling a cat in some back alley in the middle of the night. While I'm sure it may pair well with whatever opening animation they have in store, for the trailer, it's wildly out of place and grating as hell. Plus, you can't really compare it to SEED since that was a reboot for the 20th century.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:18 pm Reply with quote
At least wait until you've seen an episode or two before you start complaining about the music. Half of what makes OP/ED songs good or bad (at least) is the context -- the narrative context, the animated context, etc. and we don't have that yet.

EDIT: Also, seriously. Reread some of your complaints and then give Zeta's OP a listen. Or ZZ's. Or Turn A's.
megazero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:21 am Reply with quote
Looks like a return to form for the latest series.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2