• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: KanColle Fans on What They Expect from a Second Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neph909

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
a season based mainly on the monster girl abyssals fleet. fubuki and the rest of that crap can be put on the sidelines.
Enner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I can understand the desire to eject any attempt at action or drama. The first season did not handle these aspects optimally. Also, the potential failure of a light comedy or slice-of-life direction are small.

That said, I would rather see another attempt at being an action and drama series for the second season. I would like to see my battleship girls shoot at something and have it matter.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Seeing Prinz Eugen, Bismarck, and Hoppou would be neat as well.

Only if we get to see Bismarck murdering Hood before she gets crippled by Ark Royal and then beaten to death by King George V and Rodney.

As for Prinz Eugen, I suppose there can be a scene at the end of the last episode where she shows up with Nagato and Sakawa. Three guesses as to what happens to them afterwards.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
TBH I forgot that there was even a 2nd season planned...

but I do agree that it needs more fanservice scenes and slice of life stuff. The naval battle scenes were kinda underwhelming IMO. Either that or they need to really overhaul the naval battles.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
I demand more Shimakaze Very Happy

Just one decent Shimakaze episode is all I'm asking for.

Aside from our best ship girl, I'd say a little more fanservice akin to Strike Witches wouldn't be a bad thing. And although there probably should be more slice-of-life than drama, the sense of loss should still feel real during action scenes, like what we saw from the third episode.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
just get rid the ugly CG battle
thomas8166

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Really, the staff will probably be better off just adapting the 4-koma. Either that, or stay true to history and let more kanmusu be bumped off one after another. Twisted Evil But fat chance of that happening.

Oh, and I want to see Yukikaze, and I want her to speak Chinese. Very Happy

Last edited by thomas8166 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanaekochiya1234

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I want Prinz Eugen, Bismarck and all the other German Ships and all!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:16 pm Reply with quote
thomas8166 wrote:
Oh, and I want to see Yukikaze, and I want her to speak Chinese. :D

Yukikaze's post-war career as Tan Yang would probably be reserved for an OVA, on the off chance they'd ever deign to depict her in Chinese service.

Sanaekochiya1234 wrote:
I want Prinz Eugen, Bismarck and all the other German Ships and all!

Z1 was sunk by friendly fire and mines, and Z3 was also sunk by mines (with the loss of all hands and while trying to rescue survivors from Z1, no less). The fates of Bismarck and Prinz Eugen should be common knowledge by now. Littorio and Roma didn't fare any better, either.
Rusti002

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Tenryuu is the way to go, i dont care about anything else just Tenryuu
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quote
It seems that even the Japanese understand that the best episode of the anime was a curry cooking contest, where the main character was the DD6. Fans love DD6. Laughing

But honestly, I would like to offer a good and adequate idea - to make reboot, throw from the cast to hell Hanada Jukki (he barely could connect the plotlines even between two episodes) and Hiroyuki Yoshino (who decided to throw up the politically correct setting and create the allusion to the WWII with his episodes - and that was done in a setting that had the WWII already occurred in the past... and the implementation of that was bad and more angered the fans), hire a good writer instead, and give the series to the good studio instead of Diomedea (even Silver Link is enough) - their level of quality was really pretty low.

Or even better try to adapt something from the official work - KanColle have at least a couple of official manga and LN, which was clearly superior to anime first season plot.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Not sure if the KanColle anime's second half could rack up a lot more memes than the first one. They most definitely have to be unintentional for it to work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2