• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 10,000 Anime Fans Pick The Most Attractive Female Voice Actresses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Where's my Hocchan? Crying or Very sad
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Kana Hanazawa at 1st? Weeeeell, she is very cute Smile. Medium/shorter hair Kana is hnnnngggg... Having said that I would've expected that Nana Mizuki would be higher up on that list! Like in the top 3 ... Surprised

angelmcazares wrote:
Kana Hanazawa might be the best performer but not the most attractive, but fanboys are not smart enough to make that distinction.

Or maybe there's just a lot of people who share my opinion that she is both a top tier VA and very cute Wink.

@Kaioshin_Sama

Indeed, there's a lot of pretty faces in the JP VA industry, but in Japan anime VAs have a much different status, they're in magazines, at events and other stuff where they have to show themselves, so looking good is obviously a sought-after attribute. Not to mention there's an astronomical difference in competition between the JP anime voice acting industry and the US anime voice acting industry, and competition has a knack for breeding competence.

Speaking of the US, the US anime dub industry doesn't look at actor's faces and still produce a lacking result in comparison to the JP industry. I'm definitely not saying "good face = good acting" but the confidence one can get from being attractive in other people's eyes might make you more confident in the recording studio as well.
omiya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

Minori Chihara (11)

Well, if you look at live performances from Animelo Summer Live 2007 onwards, the audiences love Minorin, who seems to be a very good people person.

It's also worth noting Nana Mizuki's interaction with her audiences and for that matter things like thanking *every* orchestral member and chorister after her orchestral shows.

Somehow those two are the only ones in the list (and Yukari Tamura) whom I've seen live.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I think they all are #1! (nosebleed) However, it is good to see that Hana-chan is there. BTW what about Hirano-san? Am I too dated?
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
come on,where are Chiaki Takahashi and Ryoka Yuzuki?they are too hot to be left out...

Chiaki is #20. I love Ryoka Yuzuki. I even have her autograph. But I wonder if she's considered "too old" by the fickle types of people who vote on such things?
LightOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Glad Sawashiro Miyuki is on there. Can't get enough of her.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
While I understand that acting, in any medium, isn't just having the "voice", but also the "look", I'm still uncomfortable with the concept of "Voice Actor Attractiveness/Beauty".
Voice actor are, by definition, people who utilize their voice, first and foremost. Determining VAs popularity but their looks is like measuring university students potential by how neat their handwrite is.
Veniamin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I'd say Morohoshi Sumire, but I'm not sure if that's legal in Japan.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
No Ryoko Shiraishi or Yuka Iguchi? Pffft.
traveling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Kana Hanazawa has such a big fandom she's pretty much guaranteed #1. Even though she isn't my top pick, you have to admit she's very talented and has a lot of range.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

Determining VAs popularity but their looks is like measuring university students potential by how neat their handwrite is.

It is when you're applying for a job! Laughing

Write or type? Recruiter lays into laziness of young Japanese job hunters

• Being able to write Japanese neatly is – traditionally anyway – considered a valuable skill. The writing system’s complexity means a relatively large proportion of the school timetable is devoted to learning to read and write kanji. A handwritten resume allows the recruiter to make a judgement (valid or invalid) about the education and character of the person who wrote it. It also gives the recruiter who is sifting through an enormous pile of papers an extra way to get rid of a number of them straight away.

A handwritten resume is also supposed to illustrate just how much you want the job. Filling out the same form by hand over and over again – in pen, without using correction tape, and starting from scratch if you make a mistake – is extremely time-consuming. That’s supposed to indicate your level of commitment to the application.

As our anonymous Hatelabo blogger writes: “Which would you hire: the student who took the time to write out an individual hand-written CV, or the one who just bashed away at the keyboard for a few seconds?”

Lastly, Japanese people are supposed to write a resume out by hand because that’s just the way it’s done. Japan may have something of a reputation as a futuristic robot wonderland, but when it comes to documentation, paper is somehow considered more trustworthy than digital data.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I am disappointed. No Eri Kitamura or Ayahi Takagaki? Really? Crazy. The fact that Kana Hanazawa won by so much is clearly showing that this is even less about looks and more about their characters.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
i don't know, Kana Hanazawa is very cute to me. I don't really know what 90% of the actresses look like.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't like these kind of topics for reasons already said by others here already...

I really wouldn't know who to pick since this is kind of a widespread thing. it's an idol poll.

As for male, if Miyano tops it, I'm breaking something. If Wakamoto, I'm going to choke from being so humored.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I think these kinds of polls would be more accurate if they asked the general public who they thought was most attractive. That way it doesn't end up being a popularity contest. IIRC they did that with male seiyuu once. They had on a board photos of a few male seiyuu and then went around the city asking people who they thought was most attractive.

Also a similar poll for male seiyuu was announced recently... The top 5 was something like:
1. Miyano Mamoru
2. Suzuki Tatsuhisa
3. Ono Daisuke
4. Kaji Yuuki
5. Kamiyia Hiroshi

Don't remember where the poll was taken or who participated but ya.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4