• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:48 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So is this last arc another Anime-only story, or was it in the Manga. And talking about the Manga, is there any content left for another season?

Well, there is a Klaus backstory in the manga which was unfortunately not adapted in the anime. It explains how he got his fangs/powers.
Zeino

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
BBB&B was still a wild and crazy ride that was never got dull and and it still showed it's heart when it counted It may have lacked the sheer ambition of the original and was a bit too episodic for my taste but it was good and worthy sequel in the end. And considering anime's recent track record with sequels that get new creative staff, that is a godsend.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:50 am Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
So is this last arc another Anime-only story, or was it in the Manga. And talking about the Manga, is there any content left for another season?

Well, there is a Klaus backstory in the manga which was unfortunately not adapted in the anime. It explains how he got his fangs/powers.
So was this arc just now the last of the Manga? I know it is one of those, life goes on stories, rather than a definitive end point. But I feel like something is unresolved.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:

No, that was the prototype story. It got scrapped.
spoiler[Klaus was supposed to be a stage 12 (out of 13) vampire that got locked at stage 12. He kept his humanity and the powers. That's why he has fangs. They kept the design.]
trilaan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So was this arc just now the last of the Manga? I know it is one of those, life goes on stories, rather than a definitive end point. But I feel like something is unresolved.

This was indeed the last story of Blood Blockade Battlefront. Blood Blockade Battlefront is over...BUT the retitled Blood Blockade Battlefront: Back 2 Back has barely just begun!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8