• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime with disappointing endings?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
No, BGC proper ended with Scoop Chase and Crash is nothing but run-off.

You're entitled to dislike Crash just as much as I am entitled to like it. I accept it as the final word on the Knight Sabers' saga and so do its creators.
Xzarida

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Ef - lost memories that ended and i was like wait

spoiler[did she get her memories back because she remembed his name and stuff and did they do it or were they just cuddling. ]

Another one was Phantom That ending i was like WTF

spoiler[Yea the guy gets shot, so im like wait who shot him and whats going to happen to the girl. I really liked the older verson the girl dies from a bolder PWNED and he becomes the worlds greatest assassain but yea. This one it was confussing. I like the anime thought]

I thought even thought eureka 7 was one of my favorites animes they could have done much better with the ending
spoiler[Because like what happens with talhoes child and like do eureka and renton ever make it back home ? There was so much unanswered]

then there was claymore which if anyone sees it im sure they will know why i say that the ending was like okay they have to be making a sequl to this but i havnt read its manga yet so maybe it will answer some of the unanswered qeustions
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Boomer wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
No, BGC proper ended with Scoop Chase and Crash is nothing but run-off.

You're entitled to dislike Crash just as much as I am entitled to like it. I accept it as the final word on the Knight Sabers' saga and so do its creators.

You and the creators enjoy yourselves. Everybody else considers it as canon as Dragon Ball GT.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Boomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
You and the creators enjoy yourselves. Everybody else considers it as canon as Dragon Ball GT.

Just because you and some critics hate the show, it does not mean that you speak for "everybody else".
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Xzarida wrote:
Ef - lost memories that ended and i was like wait

spoiler[did she get her memories back because she remembed his name and stuff and did they do it or were they just cuddling. ]

spoiler[Her memories last for 13 hours. She couldn't not think about him for 13 hours, thus she continued to create new memories constantly, making it impossible for her to forget him despite the 13 hour limit. That's just how much she loved him. Also, yes, they had sex.]
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Boomer wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Just because you and some critics hate the show, it does not mean that you speak for "everybody else".

Sure he doesn't literally speak for everyone single person who isn't you or one of the creators. More or less though. You're one of the few people I've ever met who actually likes crash. The vast majority of people seem to consider it to be terrible if not downright non-canon.

So hey, as you said you're free to think what you want about it. You can't really deny though that practically everybody else disagrees.
Boomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Boomer wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Sure he doesn't literally speak for everyone single person who isn't you or one of the creators. More or less though. You're one of the few people I've ever met who actually likes crash. The vast majority of people seem to consider it to be terrible if not downright non-canon.

So hey, as you said you're free to think what you want about it. You can't really deny though that practically everybody else disagrees.

Fair enough, but then again your point is mitigated by the fact that I have actually read positive reviews of Bubblegum Crash. In the end, the vast, teeming masses' opinion of the show is not going to detract from my enjoyment of it. If everyone watches Naruto, for example, it does not necessarily follow that I have to like it as well. Conversely, I cannot stand Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, and no amount of gushing over that show is going to make me enjoy it because I, like everyone else, arrive at an evaluation of a particular anime based solely on subjective individual judgement.

This discussion is getting off topic anyway since the original point I raised had nothing to do with the relative merits of Bubblegum Crash. I merely pointed out that Bubblegum Crisis had an ending in the form of a sequel, and I can legitimately claim that it did because Crash exists even if some people might want to wish it away.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Magical shopping arcade aneboshi.
It had one of the worst endings I've ever seen.

Too bad too since it would be worth a 10/10 if it weren't for that.

"Soul Eaters" ending sucked quite a bit too.
Xzarida

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
Magical shopping arcade aneboshi
had one of the worst endings I've ever seen

too bad too since it would be worth a 10/10 if it weren't for that

soul eaters ending sucked quite a bit too

Soul eaters is still going isnt it ?
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Xzarida wrote:
Kirikiri23 wrote:
Magical shopping arcade aneboshi
had one of the worst endings I've ever seen

too bad too since it would be worth a 10/10 if it weren't for that

soul eaters ending sucked quite a bit too

Soul eaters is still going isnt it ?

The manga is, but the anime isn't.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Boomer wrote:
I have actually read positive reviews of Bubblegum Crash

What magical land do these exist in?

Quote:
This discussion is getting off topic anyway since the original point I raised had nothing to do with the relative merits of Bubblegum Crash. I merely pointed out that Bubblegum Crisis had an ending in the form of a sequel, and I can legitimately claim that it did because Crash exists even if some people might want to wish it away.

It's not a matter of wanting to wish it away, it's a matter of there being too many inconsistencies to consider it a real sequel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Boomer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Boomer wrote:

http://www.theanimereview.com/
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Boomer wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Boomer wrote:

http://www.theanimereview.com/

Wow. A rare beast, indeed.

But even they agree with me that there are huge inconsistencies. Apparently huge inconsistencies aren't as big a deal to them as to me, though.
Boomer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

But even they agree with me that there are huge inconsistencies. Apparently huge inconsistencies aren't as big a deal to them as to me, though.

Yes, there are inconsistencies, but they can be overcome with some imagination and suspension of disbelief.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Boomer wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Yes, there are inconsistencies, but they can be overcome with some imagination and suspension of disbelief.

Crash has plenty of problems unrelated to whether it's canon or not.

Like Largo's plan to destroy the city by... ramming a drill into a power plant? Nuclear meltdowns do not work that way.

I mean, he can tap into satellite lasers and he chooses a big drill as his weapon? Lame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9