• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fan Gets 3D Poké Ball Tattoos/Subdermal Implants

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
But seriously, what were his parents doing at that time?

Simple. He is most likely a rich kid who has parents that don't really care about their child mutilating himself, all for the sake of Pokemon fandom. How else can he afford to make "more additions" (as he states in the article)?

Stay tuned for 3D Mario 1Up mushroom tattoos in the palms of his hands.

You know, that would make sense. Hard to imagine any parent would allow that to happen (given that the end result may have consequences.) Yeah, it does make sense, considering that the original operation and the additional "work" that was later added, I can only imagine he must have quite a large amount of money.

But hey, gotta catch them all right?

I don't think he'll go the Mario route though. Probably Naruto, given he'll probably want ninja power to go along with poke' ball implants.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
Then he can ask Zac how he can learn the Rasengan, then when Zac mocks him, the kid will threaten to beat Zac up with his fox spirit.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Then he can ask Zac how he can learn the Rasengan, then when Zac mocks him, the kid will threaten to beat Zac up with his fox spirit.

That column where he had that tidbit was easily the greatest Answerman during Zac's run of Answerman easily. Brain's had some "interesting" ones, but that guy took the cake and icing.

By Naruto, I actually meant Rasengan, but I was actually thinking of chakra at the time.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:49 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
He should get an anime babe tattoo with 3D boobs, then y'all would be praising him. Laughing

No, I wouldn't, I'd probably bash him with countless expletives.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote
Ugh, this looks really disgusting. I've seen these types of operations. Oh well, at some point in time he'll get tired and have them removed.
TheGroovyMule

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Er, props to him?

Well, not really, those implants are kinda unnerving to look at, and you can see that really disgusting scar by his elbow (I think). I'm usually not creeped out by scars or wierd tatoos, but this one sorta...

Get's under my skin...
ANBUx3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote
I like seeing nerd tattoos, but those implants are nasty. Can you imagine if you slammed that arm down onto something? I can't imagine that being less than excruciating and even being uncomfortable just resting it on a table.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 pm Reply with quote
It's no worse than someone skewering their body, even their genitals with metal bits. To me they look like they've gone septic. He's just a kid. What's his parents like? Rolling Eyes
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:
This guy is probably going to want a girlfriend that turns her breasts in Master Balls or something.

Been done in the Manga already:

Good ole Japan, if it can be done, it will be done eventually. Even if it is really, really out there.

And the ironic thing is, it was in an officially licensed Nintendo/Gamefreak Pokemon Manga!!
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
You know, most of the tattoos I see are about 95% crap, this poor dumb guy decided to do something really dumb just to get some attention. He probably sank tons of money into something he'll probably have to pay out of the nose to remove in a couple of years. And the worse thing is it doesn't even look all that great anyway!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:
This guy is probably going to want a girlfriend that turns her breasts in Master Balls or something.

Been done in the Manga already:

Good ole Japan, if it can be done, it will be done eventually. Even if it is really, really out there.

And the ironic thing is, it was in an officially licensed Nintendo/Gamefreak Pokemon Manga!!

We remember how Misty looked! Laughing

(And that's why it doesn't take off in the West.)
Wiggysaurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
I literally had to make a login. This bothers me too much to leave it alone.

All of these comments are so ignorant and intolerant. People who modify their bodies aren't looking for rude comments and cliché remarks like "What are they gonna do when they're old and regret it?" OH, NO. At least when we're old, we'll have old saggy skin that's decorated rather than just... plain, old, saggy skin ;D

Somebody mentioned saline, I saw. They're likely silicone, so they're squishy, but still a solid piece with no fill. Also, they look misshapen because they're fresh in the photos, and they sink into the proper shape as they heal.

Also, that "thing" under his lip looks like a large-gauge oval-shaped labret piercing. Just FYI for somebody who sounded curious.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
Intolerant? We just think it looks awful, someone posted a picture online, it got posted at ANN, and the members of ANN responded in a largely negative manner. Where not prejudiced against people with piercing, or body work, we just didn't like it.
Wiggysaurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm talking about how I keep seeing it being referred to as "mutilation," I should have specified. I feel like it shouldn't be considered as such because he's not really doing any harm to himself or anyone else.

To be more relevant, I wouldn't ever consider such a thing for myself, but support these implants if they make him happy, as anyone else who wants them should get them. I'm a huge Poké-fan myself, but would probably go as far as to have a Raichu tattooed on me in a hide-able place.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
Wiggysaurus wrote:
All of these comments are so ignorant and intolerant.

Being honest is ignorant and intolerant?

Sorry dude, but the mass majority of posters here agree that his tattoo looks horrific. I have yet to see a positive comment about this. I even showed my friends the pictures and they all thought it looked gross.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6