• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most Attractive Anime Girl Contest (and Stereotype Battle)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I am flabbergasted that no one posted CC yet. She can take my pizza anyday. Twisted Evil

Porcupine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
CC, who is that (the green haired girl recently posted)? What show is she from?

BTW there's no rule saying that you have to say what show the person is from so you don't have to if you don't want to, but it's probably a good idea if you think the person isn't that well known. Also, I never mentioned how many pics people should post for their character, but I think people have been doing a great job choosing for themselves. I think 1 or 2 pics are sufficient if you get good ones. For characters who aren't well-known, 2 or more pics might be better because that way people who don't know who she is may be able to better judge how she looks.

The only drawback to posting too many pictures is that in the case of Tamaki from To Heart 2 which Furudanuki posted up: I've never seen her before but the 6 pics he threw up mostly seem to be drawn by different people. Some from the anime I think, some from the game, some from games but drawn by different artists. So I have no idea what Tamaki is supposed to look like and can't judge her for myself.

My recommendation IF this is a big issue for your character is to throw up pics from just one version of the character and/or state the version of the character that you think looks best. A really good example would be Asuna from Negima. The manga version, the Xebec anime version, and the SHAFT anime version all look totally different. I would personally consider all 3 of them to be 3 different people (for the purposes of judging looks) because they look so different. It's up to the person who nominates to decide whether that is important to him, but if it is, then he should specify "I like the SHAFT anime version of Asuna" or something like that.

As for re-nominating the same person, yeah feel free to do it. We haven't even gotten close to the final phase of this game yet, but when we do, most likely characters will get a lot of extra "points" for being re-nominated. Think of re-nominating the same person as being the same as if you rated them with "6 stars"...remember that normally I asked that people only rate from 1-5 stars. As to when we should start rating other people's characters...I think as soon as the rate at which new users post their nominations slows down, we should start. We've already got a lot of nominations. My thanks to everyone who is participating. Smile

By the way, what happened to that guy who started the thread that was locked that I "based" this thread on? I was thinking he should come back and re-nominate his Saber from Fate/Stay Night....
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
CC, who is that (the green haired girl recently posted)? What show is she from?

According to Newtype USA, it's pronounced "C Squared" and she's from Code Geass. I haven't seen any more than the first 2 episodes of the show though.

Porcupine wrote:
By the way, what happened to that guy who started the thread that was locked that I "based" this thread on? I was thinking he should come back and re-nominate his Saber from Fate/Stay Night....

Yeah, Saber's pretty cute but I'd have to throw my vote to Rin. Anime smile Rider's just plain sexy... and she hasn't revealed her face yet, but Caster looks like she could be super hot.
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:

Eureka of Eureka Seven

I have to second, third, forth or whatever this!

For my own nomination I have to go old school but still she's always going to be one of my favorite top beauties of anime....

If you dont know by now...ITS LUM OF URUSEI YATSURA!
squarepusher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Stellarleen wrote:
Okay I'll play. I nominate the lovely Kaname Chidori of Full Metal Panic!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/Stellarleen/kaname1.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/Stellarleen/kaname2.jpg

Edit: Added an explanation as to why I chose Miss Kaname.

I'm a girl so maybe my POV is a little different but, I believe Kaname is the ideal female character. She is undeniably gorgeous (long hair, ideal body, and adorable smile). She is strong (physically and mentally), independant, intelligent and outgoing. To me, her all around attractiveness stands out amoung all the women and girls in anime. So, yay Kaname Anime hyper.

signed and sealed for Kaname =]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Porcupine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I should have known that. When Code Geass comes out in the USA I'll definitely be getting it. Its character designer is Takahiro Kimura....same guy who did my Lou from Godannar. It's from a similar team of people who did Gun x Sword, Godannar, and S-cry-ed. Good thing for me to look forward to is that it's done by Sunrise which is a better animation studio than AIC ASTA. But the bad thing is that it is directed by Goro Taniguchi so it'll almost certainly feel like Gun Sword and S-cry-ed as opposed to Godannar, which sucks. He's not a particularly good director IMO, I don't like his style all that much. He's not awful, though. Yasuchika Nagaoka who directed Godannar is a genius. I guess Godannar is gonna remain a unique anime for a long time.

BTW I don't particularly have any fondness for Saber, I just made that comment because I wanted that guy to return and participate here. Rin is far far better than Saber! Very Happy
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Physically, meh. I could pick any of 20+ or so. Theres plenty of hot girls out there, but none that really stand out to me above the others.

So I think I'll go ahead and nominate someone who I just overall like both physically and personality wise:

Seras Victoria
http://www.amazonmandy.com/cosplay/seras/serasavatar.gif

Thats the best pic I can find right now. I'll try and get something better later.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Lum does rock old school. If people like old school I'm wondering if anyone will nominate some Dirty Pair action.
ElementSun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:46 am Reply with quote
nomination changed

Last edited by ElementSun on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
omar235

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:47 am Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
I am flabbergasted that no one posted CC yet.

I was going to but we can only nominate one so I went with Miyu. Was hoping someone else would, and kinda knew someone would eventually. We even got Lum in the house. Anime exclamation
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quote
KyuuA4 wrote:
I am flabbergasted that no one posted CC yet.

I was surprised at that also, but since we can only nominate one, I had to go with Mizuho.

There are plenty of others I would love to have nominated though. I guess I'll just have to hope that someone else nominates them. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
There are plenty of others I would love to have nominated though. I guess I'll just have to hope that someone else nominates them. Neutral

That's the same case with me. I love a lot of anime gals but Lum is the one that has all the thing I like in a anime girl. Its not JUST the bikini and green hair. Normally I like pink or purple haired girls.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I'll throw any of these 8:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FjnIyJWkas

Twisted Evil
Porcupine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that video has the worst picture quality I've ever seen. I feel blind now. I hope fansubs aren't that kind of quality these days. (I have no idea since I never watch them, but I'm assuming they are far better)
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
Wow, that video has the worst picture quality I've ever seen. I feel blind now. I hope fansubs aren't that kind of quality these days. (I have no idea since I never watch them, but I'm assuming they are far better)

Nah, it's just because it's on YouTube. YT ruins the quality of vids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8