• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clannad, Blue Drop, Ghost Hound, Tears to Tiara Get Dubs

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
This'll give Mario something to be happy about for a change. Not seen him lately through - did he get banned or did he just leave?

He got banned from here not too long ago but both SXAniMedia & i mentioned it on Twitter for him to see when he gets on. He'll be happy alright hopefully happy enough that he'll apologize at AOD like he promised he would.

Last edited by NJ_ on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZenErik

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
What I am curious about now, is maybe that these rereleases will have the sub mistakes correct.
That's the only potential reason I would upgrade. I don't expect the actual English dub to be listenable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
What I am curious about now, is maybe that these rereleases will have the sub mistakes correct.

Well, that's something took forward to in the name of progress at least, although both series I have (both Clannad series and Ghost Hound) are extremely talkative which usually results in me watching the dub version for such series anyway because I hate pausing the DVD every 5 seconds.
Haterater

Good to hear! Tears to Tiara interests me, so I'll look forward to that one.
dragonrider_cody

ZenErik wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
That's the only potential reason I would upgrade. I don't expect the actual English dub to be listenable.

I have all of these, save Dark King, and Clannad was the only show among that had significant errors in the subtitles. Blue Drop's and Tears to Tiara were excellent and par with the subs from Funimation and Nozomi, while there were very few errors in Ghost Hound.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote
ZenErik wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

Now this is the turning point for the anime industry in America. I don't know why I said that but I feel like this could happen though. Good Work Sentai, now let's see can you make Maria+Holic an English Dub, now that would be awesome.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, this does actually restore a lot of my dwindling faith in neoADV, I must admit.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
That's fantastic. Of the Key anime so far, Clannad held my attention the longest and I always thought a dub for it would be interesting. I will definitely buy at least the first set to see what they do with the voices.
mckg1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Now ill be able to buy ghost hound and maybe clannad (yes i dont buy sub only releases) . Finally , Good work sentai! Very Happy
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
ZenErik wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:

I have all of these, save Dark King, and Clannad was the only show among that had significant errors in the subtitles. Blue Drop's and Tears to Tiara were excellent and par with the subs from Funimation and Nozomi, while there were very few errors in Ghost Hound.

I know Clannad and Dark King had problems with their subs. I know Blue Drop didn't have any, and I didn't know Tears to Tiara had any problems.

I know Nozomi had a spelling mistake in one of their release that I can remember.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
west_tx_tapper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Are they bringing back former ADV voice actors for these shows?
JaredDSMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I am too happy now. Clannad is coming out with DUBS! Yes and YES! I will be getting these ASAP. I hope we will get the Movie along with ~After Story~ as well. So, I am curious...what DVDs could you "upgrade" from? The previous DVDs individually or including the box set as well? Thanks again!
frgracy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
That's awesome, i just hope they follow the trend by dubbing other great shows like Princess Resurrection, He is My Master, and Special A.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
P: Unless these DVD come with a nice artbox and good packaging, I'll just keep the sub only. Since I've already ordered a Taiwanese DVD to get an art box for Clannad, i don't really have much desire to get the Dubbed version.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
But yes, let's not blow this opportunity!
Why do people think dub fans won't buy these? Since when do we behave like the common leeches?

While I can't speak for every English dub preferring fan, I know myself and no matter what I have to do to get the money for it, I'm buying Clannad. Ghost Hound and Tears to Tiara are also high on my list of possibles. (I've had a bit of an obsession with Ghost Hound's theme Call My Name.)

Back when I was really into Yuri series I would have gotten Blue Drop right away but the more I've heard about the series, the less interested I've become. Still a possible though.

Never had any interest in Dark King.

ZenErik wrote:
I don't expect the actual English dub to be listenable.
You sub lovers just can't stand it that despite your best efforts English dubs still have fans can you?

Sorry but can you please stop trolling, we dub fans have some celebrating to do. (And hopefully some pre-ordering soon.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 13