• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Akira Toriyama to Draw Manga About Goku's Mom

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
What it makes me wonder is if another one of anime's parentage mysteries will ever be solved... will Naoko Takeuchi ever reveal if Princess Serenity had a father in the Silver Millennium, or did she just come about via pathogenesis from Queen Serenity or something?

I was always under the impression that Princess Serenity spoiler[was birthed from the galactic cauldron like all the other sailors. The final volume of Sailor Moon seems to hint at this.]

Last edited by KabaKabaFruit on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
GracieLizzy wrote:
What it makes me wonder is if another one of anime's parentage mysteries will ever be solved... will Naoko Takeuchi ever reveal if Princess Serenity had a father in the Silver Millennium, or did she just come about via pathogenesis from Queen Serenity or something?

I was always under the impression that Princess Serenity was birthed from the galactic cauldron like all the other sailors. The final volume of Sailor Moon seems to hint at this.

...Spoilers?
Nuuzen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Very Happy Not sure how I feel about her described personality so far, though. I hope she doesn't end up just being a damsel or something for Bardock.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
...Spoilers?

My bad. Fixed. Embarassed
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
Nuuzen wrote:
Awesome! Very Happy Not sure how I feel about her described personality so far, though. I hope she doesn't end up just being a damsel or something for Bardock.

unfortunately from the sound of her description, that's a definite YES!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mizuki-Takashima

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
I always thought Goku's gentle nature only came about because he had brain damage.

But apparently it's genetic.

I know "gentle broad always needing to be saved by her man" is painfully cliche, but on Planet Vegeta, not so much. We'll see how this goes.

Looking forward to seeing her design!
supersqueak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
All I can say is it's about [expletive] time.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I do have to admit this is an interesting revelation. Funny thing is I never once thought about Goku's origins other than he came from another planet. Yet whether he was conceived or made never crossed my mind. The whole concept of super soldiers brings up the whole Jango Fett deal. But this would be interesting to see. We can see where he got the hair.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
Sure, why not more deification of Goku's lineage? His father went from slaughterer of peoples to time-travelling superhero, now it'll be his mother's turn.

Remember when the Saiyans were a brutal warrior race and the only reason Goku wasn't was because of brain damage from falling into a ravine as an infant? That was fun. Now we have to know every little thing about Goku's family.

I should have seen this coming when Vegeta's younger brother was introduced. But no, I thought that was just a funny gag for a reunion special, they won't go any further. And to their credit, they didn't. With that.

Concentrate on the FUTURE not the PAST. I want to see more of the God of Destruction Birisu and less of turning a character not even important enough to name for over 20 years into the reason Goku is kind.

So when is Goku's pet dog, sent in a capsule before him to test it out, going to show up? Good ol' Veggo. Or is it Kakakarottweiler?

If Goku's mother ends up being a Super Saiyan, I'm pretty much done with this franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
If Goku's mother ends up being a Super Saiyan, I'm pretty much done with this franchise.

Given that apparently she is going to be one of the few Saiyans who isn't warrior material I am guessing that won't happen... unless you can become Super Saiyan from being really good at distributing meat.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3