• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever play a video game you'd like to see made into Anime?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:54 pm Reply with quote
@ LeoKnight25: I read the one serialized in Nintendo Power, I really enjoyed it.

@ Deltakiral: Ummm, where does it say Link can't talk? And the American cartoon was awful, to say the least.

IMHO, an anime of Link would be original direction for Nintendo, and would quite a successful venture with the already established fan base in place. Metroid would be awesome too....
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
I highly doubt that. Its already been remade for the GBA. I can't see em then remaking if for DS.

It was really remade for the GBA, it was really ported and had a new translation and worked out some of the bugs. And yes I can see them remaking it because people are going to buy it, and the DS has the largest install base it recently hit 20 million units.
told ya so...

douglas2k6 wrote:
Legend of Zelda would be great! I remember reading the comic back in the day, it could definitely work as an anime installment.

I don't think Link needs an another animated adventure, there's already an American cartoon version available on DVD, and it's nice not have Link all over the place. Beside Link can't talk.....it would make for a boring story.

Huh, I guess youre right. Idunno it still seems like an odd choice to me.

Link can talk, he just chooses not to Wink
I think Legend of Zelda has potential but only if done right. Link would have to talk. It kinda lacks secondary characters. I think its workable though. Like I said before, If you focus more on important events and avoid alot of Link traveling alone or exploring dungeons.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
Here's a few games I'd like to see made into anime (which you've probably never heard of.)

Alien Legacy: Old PC game set in a future where humanity lost a war with an alien race and only two colonization ships worth of people escaped. In the game, you act as the captain of the Calypso, the second ship to arrive in the new star system humanity is colonizing. Unfortunately, instead of a thriving group of colonies and another ship, you find nothing but ruins, hostile aliens, devastating disasters, and a second in command who will kill you and take command if you screw up. The game was all about developing new technologies and building colonies with a lot of exploration and strategy involved. You try to solve the mystery of what happened to the first ship, never knowing when the same disaster might befall you. The game took different paths depending on the choices you made, like making peace with a hostile alien race could trigger a rebel colonist movement. There are plenty of characters built in because you have a number of advisors (military, science, etc.) each with an adjunct. It would make a fantastic sci-fi anime with great depth.

Azure Dreams: An old Playstation game that is kind of a mix of Pokemon and a harem slice of life. You play the son of a great monster (or maybe in the Japanese it was demon?) tamer named Koh. You head off to the monster's tower to seek your fortune and discover the truth about your father's disappearance. Along the way, you can develop a relationship (which doesn't really go far beyond who wakes you up after your adventures) with different girls from the village, some around the lead's age and some above and bellow. A lot of different types of girls and some very odd and interesting monsters abound. You can spend money to improve the town, buy gifts for girls, or just blow it all on food. This game would could make a thrilling action/adventure anime or a wild harem comedy or just be a cool mix of both.

Rise of Legends: This is a relatively recent PC strategy game. You take command of the armies of the Vinnci as Giacomo, a brilliant inventor, as he sets out to avenge the death of his brother at the hands of the Doge, a ruthless conquerer who has joined forces with a mysterious third party. The game takes you through cities of steam and machines, into the desert filled with magic and strange insects and reptiles, and then into the deep jungle where false gods rule over death and despair. The game features a number of interesting heros and it's already got an excellent plot. There's even romance. A fine fantasy anime could be made from this one.

Well, those are my dream game-to-anime choices.
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quote
I remember Azure Dreams, it was a decent RPG for the time. I could definitely see it becoming an anime!
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
douglas2k6 wrote:
@ Deltakiral: Ummm, where does it say Link can't talk? And the American cartoon was awful, to say the least.

The reason why Link doesn't have any dialog is because Link is suppose to be you, and Nintendo been pretty much set on the idea to keep it that way.

I could see Metroid seeing as how Nintendo has let other studio take over that IP and it's been successful. The only thing is if it was made into an anime there be a ton of shots of Samus out of her suit, and probably those ridiculous up skirt shots as well.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Especially with Zero-Suit Samus >-<.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote
The PSone game Jade Cocoon would be a nice addition to the anime realm.
cerulean88

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Warcraft was already announce for a live action movie, however who know if that will ever get off the ground...I wouldn't mind seeing an anime about the second game, (WC3 wasn't my favorite) but then again I doubt either will happen....licensing would be pretty tough I bet.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

just heard about this, thanks for the info. That might be interesting actually but to be honest i don't think that it'll make a good adaptation and yeah trying to license it would be hell.

as to other games that i'd love to see being made into a movie/anime, it would be Metal Gear Solid (i'm sure this would make an awesome anime adaptation Very Happy) and FF VIII

i personally think that having Zelda adapted into anime wouldn't be very good either. Keeping it the way it is, as a game is good enough.

and that upcoming Devil May Cry anime would be interesting to watch Cool
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
douglas2k6 wrote:

The reason why Link doesn't have any dialog is because Link is suppose to be you, and Nintendo been pretty much set on the idea to keep it that way.

I could see Metroid seeing as how Nintendo has let other studio take over that IP and it's been successful. The only thing is if it was made into an anime there be a ton of shots of Samus out of her suit, and probably those ridiculous up skirt shots as well.

I agree, and it was bad enough that they had to make him such a perverted idiot in that american Zelda cartoon where he had a catchphrase more annoying than Naruto Uzumaki's "Believe it" where he says" Well,excuse me princess", it's so out of his character. Shocked

having link talk in the games would be a huge mistake.

however, a few episodes of Captain N: the gamemaster did a better job portraying the Zelda universe than Super mario bros super show version of Zelda.
.calla.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:02 am Reply with quote
im gonna go out on a limb and say harvest moon.
straydog-sama

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
i am a big Mecha fan so I would like to see LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION made into an anime. The story could use a bit of work, but the Akrid battles and the NEVEC shootout scenes would be cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11