• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mythbusters to tackle Ninja Myths, use of Naruto Clips?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10円

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
My distant experience with archery once showed me that you could vary the speed of the arrow considerably. Perhaps if you used the least amount of force necessary for the arrow to fly and shot it toward somebody with exceptional eye-hand coordination they might be able to catch it some of the time. The same principle should presumably work for a sword as well. If I'm just trying to kill you then maybe the trick won't work, but if I'm a professional sword wielder who is well aware of your specific capabilities then perhaps I could swing the sword relatively quickly and you'd still be able to catch it. I remember astonishing people with extremely simple tricks such as stopping the blades of various house fans on full speed with my bare hands. It didn't take any skill, just a willingness to put your own health at risk.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quote
Whenever they have a myth they find impossible, I take that as 'its never gonna happen in any kind of pedictable manner. cause most of the things they test could theoretically happen, but the odds of all the factors neccisary happening at the same time is very low.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2