• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Delicious in Dungeon Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I happen to be enjoying the dub crew they have, and Netflix is releasing it weekly, rather than jailing it. Not to mention that dub is union, so if they moved, everyone's getting recast.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Theozilla wrote:
Why would wouldn't you want Studio Trigger to continue to work on the anime?

Or do you mean license to a streamer other than Netflix? (any reason why you would want that?)
The second, I thought the wording was clear. I don't like it when Netflix gets Anime, as they become stuck on their service forever. Take JoJo, CR streamed Part 1-5, and now you can get them on other services, like Netflix, and even Toonami. Netflix got part 6, and that's going to be your only option from here on out, no going to CR, Hidive, Disney etc in 5 years. Little Witch Academia finished airing 7 years ago this month, today it is buried somewhere on Netflix, never to be streamed anywhere else ever.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:54 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Theozilla wrote:

Or do you mean license to a streamer other than Netflix? (any reason why you would want that?)
The second, I thought the wording was clear. I don't like it when Netflix gets Anime, as they become stuck on their service forever. Take JoJo, CR streamed Part 1-5, and now you can get them on other services, like Netflix, and even Toonami. Netflix got part 6, and that's going to be your only option from here on out, no going to CR, Hidive, Disney etc in 5 years. Little Witch Academia finished airing 7 years ago this month, today it is buried somewhere on Netflix, never to be streamed anywhere else ever.

I have the same issue with Hulu/Disney Plus. At least two anime I really like were screwed over by that service.
NieR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Just started watching the first episode today! The English dub is pretty good, especially SungWon Cho as Senshi.

Glad a second season is confirmed. I thought the anime was going to try to cover 14 volumes in just 20-something episodes. A second season should be able to cover the rest of the manga without the story being rushed.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Great to see. Hopefully it's of a similar length so we can get the whole thing animated =D
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:15 pm Reply with quote
FishLion wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
... I really enjoyed my routine of watching the show over dinner.
My household also started a little tradition where we do that, very fun~
As a long time fan of The Food Network shows, it's interesting how watching food being eaten and commented about makes one hungry and making a physical connection by eating something while watching just adds to the enjoyment of the experience. There are even YT channels where people do this and have enjoyed popularity. I also have been doing this with DM, very fun indeed...BTW, xxxHolic needs to be watched while drinking good sake, adds to the vibe... Cool
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:28 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

I mean, at least they're promoting it. If it were on Disney you'd never know the show existed. I swear that service is where anime goes to die, I wouldn't wish that on any show.
Gilarack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:12 am Reply with quote
Glad to hear! This is my favourite show of 2024 so far. This and Frieren are finally some actual fantasy Anime, that are not Isekai and don't feel like they are trying to emulate what it feels like to play a video game. I want to be immersed in the story, world and characters, without being distracted by gamer slang at every given opportunity and Delicious in Dungeon got this right! Ironically now I would like to play a game like that! Anime smile + sweatdrop

Now I only hope that we will get the Netflix Trigger shows on Blu Ray at some point in the future. I can wait, years if necessary, but I want them out of Netflix' clutches at some point! It happened with other Netflix Anime like Carole & Tuesday, so I can still hope. Anime smile
Velluekk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Theozilla wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I'm happy that we didn't have to wait for an announcement, given that the Manga is finished and all. Maybe Kadokawa will licence season 2 to someone else, but I doubt I will be that lucky.

Every streaming service outside Japan should be allowed to license this, not just Netflix, since a lot of streaming platforms there in Japan have Dungeon Meshi and a lot of TV channels also broadcasting this, so why only Netflix got to license this outside Japan?
Velluekk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Gilarack wrote:
Glad to hear! This is my favourite show of 2024 so far. This and Frieren are finally some actual fantasy Anime, that are not Isekai and don't feel like they are trying to emulate what it feels like to play a video game. I want to be immersed in the story, world and characters, without being distracted by gamer slang at every given opportunity and Delicious in Dungeon got this right! Ironically now I would like to play a game like that! Anime smile + sweatdrop

Now I only hope that we will get the Netflix Trigger shows on Blu Ray at some point in the future. I can wait, years if necessary, but I want them out of Netflix' clutches at some point! It happened with other Netflix Anime like Carole & Tuesday, so I can still hope. Anime smile

KADOKAWA TRIGGER SHOWS ON BLURAY not Netflix
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:56 am Reply with quote
Dr. Wily wrote:
I mean, at least they're promoting it. If it were on Disney you'd never know the show existed. I swear that service is where anime goes to die, I wouldn't wish that on any show.
I agree with you, I would have no idea any of those titles were even on Disney+ if I hadn't been told. However, they hardly have any titles, and it's still early days Netflix have been at this for close to a decade and have licenced a lot of titles.

I don't have an issue with them having exclusive titles, same with CR, Hidive and formerly Amazon, but it should not be indefinite. Devilman Crybaby was a big hit for them, but all that has passed, it's now just sitting there while everyone bings watches the new stuff. It should be going to other services by now, it's not even like it has to leave Netflix for that to happen.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Velluekk wrote:

Every streaming service outside Japan should be allowed to license this, not just Netflix, since a lot of streaming platforms there in Japan have Dungeon Meshi and a lot of TV channels also broadcasting this, so why only Netflix got to license this outside Japan?

Because broadcast and streaming rights are finicky like that.
FishLion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:44 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
As a long time fan of The Food Network shows, it's interesting how watching food being eaten and commented about makes one hungry and making a physical connection by eating something while watching just adds to the enjoyment of the experience. There are even YT channels where people do this and have enjoyed popularity. I also have been doing this with DM, very fun indeed...BTW, xxxHolic needs to be watched while drinking good sake, adds to the vibe... Cool

Isn't it so fun? Also hell yeah, thanks for the tip!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2