• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Suicide Squad Isekai Anime Reveals Main Cast in New Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmcclo
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:49 am Reply with quote
Maybe every day is an isekai when you're criminally insane.
harminia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:48 am Reply with quote
Vercinto wrote:
Jesus Christ, how many anime roles in this world will Takehito Koyasu get?

Hopefully many many many many many many many many many many many many maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany more. Love that guy.

Anyway I'm not a superhero (or antihero I guess) fan but this looks pretty cool and I'd actually consider watching it. Loving Harley's voice.
Floriane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:40 am Reply with quote
This Harley gives me HUGE Himiko Toga vibes!
Allison Addams

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:24 am Reply with quote
While I love anime, I also love comics, and ngl while I'm interested, some of these decisions are weird to me.

Especially the designs. That Joker design is awful. It's like someone's DeviantArc take on the Joker. Things like the teeth being painted on is pretty dumb. Also I don't really get why Clayface is made into an anime pretty boy. Like others have said, it feels like this is being made for people who don't even care about DC.

I'm still curious about this whole thing and will check it out, but I'm becoming a little more iffy on it when it looks like a generic isekai tale, but with the Deviant Art Suicide Squad that ironically makes the cast feel just more generically anime.

The Suicide Squad has always been essentially DC's weird toybox to play with weirder characters. The James Gunn movie understood that, so honestly whoever is making this anime should have gone all in with being even weirder and more unique. Especially since the idea already sets itself up for a world of strange potential.
onpufan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised they're based it more on the movie going off the designs, but I still wish it was more original or based on the comics instead, but for what it is they don't look bad.

I like Subaru Kimura as King Shark. After seeing him as Vice in Kamen Rider it's strangely fitting.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:47 pm Reply with quote
lol We got Ira as Joker and Aced as King Shark. Umehara being Sephiroth as a boy and Joker in the same year is funny. I love it. Also, FukuJun and Koyasu. Great trailer. I will be watching.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:09 am Reply with quote
Why do they keep casting Subaru Kimura in things with all he's done?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2