• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kantō Crowns 2015's Hottest High School Boy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
I would go farther and say that it is really true and not "loser-speak" that true beauty comes from the person you are inside. There are plenty of celebrities that are physically considered beautiful but act out such ugliness that I wouldn't want to be in the same room with them.

I'm going to disagree. When it comes to people, I think beauty is a visually observed feature. I'm not saying what you're talking about isn't important. There are plenty of beautiful people that I also wouldn't want to be in the same room with. However, a good personality doesn't mean beautiful nor does being beautiful mean a good personality.

What you're talking about is essentially loser talk. You are ignoring the area where the loss is in order to focus on something else, but you can't use a 'score' for one feature to replace a 'score' for a completely unrelated feature. That is exactly what a poor loser does: 'Well you may have beaten me at basketball, but yesterday I kicked your ass at tennis.' The latter will never negate the former, stop trying.
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:15 am Reply with quote
Winner boy would be cute if it had a more excited smile... he's a bit bland-looking in my opinion. He has decent features but his expression doesn't showcase them well....

HayateGekkou wrote:
Guy in the blue on the far left should've won. He's gorgeous!

Yes! I agree. I think it's his style AND the fact that he actually looks like he wants to be here.

Well, I suppose there are idols who look worse than some of these guys, so it's okay...
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
HayateGekkou wrote:
Guy in the blue on the far left should've won. He's gorgeous!

My thoughts exactly!
Nosehair

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote
we are a long ways away from what guys look like in anime here. it makes you ask yourself, what went wrong? As well as "why do the japanese people lower their standards and not push for a hyper beautifu end goal.anyways LOL thats all i gotsa say.l
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
A slow couple of days it's been...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2