• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule for Winter 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
There's not a huge amount of shows this season, especially compared to the past few seasons, which were kinda insane. So I imagine it was a lot easier this time to cover all the popular titles.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
There's not a huge amount of shows this season, especially compared to the past few seasons, which were kinda insane.

But a number of those shows are still ongoing (Cross Ange, Garo, Your Lie in April, Shirobako, YowaPeda, Naruto, SMC, Parasyte, Log Horizon 2 all jump out at me), so they've still got plenty on their plates. Kudos to the whole gang for their hard work, and I particularly look forward to seeing review from Zac on a regular basis.

Re: Yatterman, I voted for that show precisely because it wasn't previewed and because it interested me.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:

Re: Yatterman, I voted for that show precisely because it wasn't previewed and because it interested me.

Me too! I'm glad I did. I just watched the first ep. via Funi and it's really fun.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
gel309 wrote:
I'm glad that all of my shows are in here! Hey there, It's Yuri Bear refers to Yurikuma Arashi right?

Yeah, it was a joke that Zac posted on twitter and is running with it. Although it is easier to say "Hey there, It's Yuri Bear" than the actual title.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Is there some kind of first-come-first-served sign up process for the reviews, and the last person gets stuck with Sister New Devil?

dm wrote:
I don't envy the job of the Yuri the Bear reviewer. It's one of those series that will probably be hard to review on a weekly basis because it will require several episodes for the meanings to become clear.

What? It's very straightforward for Ikuhara -- the Three Sexy Bears represent the Id, Ego, and Superego; girls in bear-form represent carnal desire, while the yuri-form is socially acceptable sexuality, with the wall being the sexual repression that separates the two, etc.

tangytangerine wrote:
Yeah, it was a joke that Zac posted on twitter and is running with it. Although it is easier to say "Hey there, It's Yuri Bear" than the actual title.

Personally I'm going with Lesbearian Storm.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Is there some kind of first-come-first-served sign up process for the reviews, and the last person gets stuck with Sister New Devil?

Laughing I think I'm just the person who rated it the highest, plus I did enjoy what I read of the manga. Honestly, I don't mind; it gives me a nicely diverse group of shows for the season.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
aww, no shinmai maou? that would have been hilarious to read xD. Glad there are still enough people interested in Garo for it to get daily streaming reviews though so that's a good thing.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Animelover12313 wrote:
aww, no shinmai maou?

It is called Testament of Sister New Devil and the poster above you is going to write said review.

p.s. How about giving it a proper link? anime#16252

Last edited by mangamuscle on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It is called Testament of Sister New Devil and the poster above you is going to write said review.

Facepalm to myself xD. I only noticed the words in Green and totally forgot the English name and only remember the first 2 words of the title anyways haha.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Utsuro no Hako wrote:

Laughing I think I'm just the person who rated it the highest, plus I did enjoy what I read of the manga. Honestly, I don't mind; it gives me a nicely diverse group of shows for the season.

Between that and taking over SMC from Gabbo, I applaud your brave service in helping the other reviewers maintain their sanity. Very Happy
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Slightly disappointed that you guys don't have a dedicated harem/ecchi reviewer, because I really feel out in the dark with those shows in this site.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Shinmai Maou is the best of the harems, mainly because the LNs are super raunchy and we have a brown girl. Too bad it's not uncensored for stream or on AT-X.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Shippoyasha wrote:
Slightly disappointed that you guys don't have a dedicated harem/ecchi reviewer, because I really feel out in the dark with those shows in this site.

They did a poll, remember? I guess there are not enough fans for all the Harem/ecchi series to get reviewed? --I still see a few of them on the list.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
Shippoyasha wrote:

They did a poll, remember? I guess there are not enough fans for all the Harem/ecchi series to get reviewed? --I still see a few of them on the list.

We had a threshold for popularity that we went by for the poll results, and Testament of New Sister Devil was the only one to break past it. World Break and Absolute Duo were near the bottom.

Even the people doing the usual "you guys hate ecchi" stuff in this thread said they didn't like either of those. Whenever one of those series breaks through and has something, anything to offer an even slightly broader audience it almost always winds up getting daily streaming coverage. Sister New Devil had the "twist" ending, so people wanted to see more. Even that is enough to get it to break through. But if it's stuff like World Break, it isn't enough to win the popularity poll. Gotta have a hook.

That said I am considering seeing what I can do about finding another writer that meets our freelance standards who specializes in ecchi content.
daichi383

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Glad Shirobako is still being covered. Probably my favourite anime of the decade at this point and i enjoy reading the reviews.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4