• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Funimation Wants To Know Once And For All Whether Dogs or Cats Are Better

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThadicalSpry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
cats are more badass
LaSean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Doggies!!!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
For the dog naysayers, cats tend to lack the loyalty (I'm talking about the type that is is in the realm of Hachiko, Lassie, or dogs dying saving their owners) that dogs have.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
For the dog naysayers, cats tend to lack the loyalty (I'm talking about the type that is is in the realm of Hachiko, Lassie, or dogs dying saving their owners) that dogs have.

There have been cases where cats have saved their owners life as well.

I own cats so I would vote for them but honestly I don't think one is better than the other. I have two cats and they are completely different. I am sure it is the same with dogs. Every animal has their own personality to discover.

Now if the question was cats & dogs vs humans this would have been easy. Twisted Evil
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I love both cats and dogs, but if I had to choose one it'd be cats.

They're really affectionate, independant and don't take shit from anyone.

@Kadmos, I can think of two good examples of how loyal cats are; The first one is the more recent video where a cat saved a small child from an attacking dog. Here's the short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6GQR3Ym5M8

Then there's the cat who stopped a robber who had stolen a wheelchair bound man's laptop. IIRC the cat jumped up and scratched the robber while he was fleeing the scene and caused some good damage to him. A cat may not have strength, but combining their quick bursts of movement with the sharpness of their claws and you've got a recipe for tearing through fragile human skin. And cats who feel threatened have a tendency to go for the eyes to blind their opponent.

I know there's been many cases where cats have chased out robbers from houses as well. In either case, dogs, cats and many other different animal species have shown loyalty to their human friends. Much like other animals show loyalty to each other. It's nothing odd really.

Though i've gotta say I find it hilarious how grown men can fear such small animals Laughing
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Dogs for sure. They're far more lovable and loyal (overall of course). Cats just come across as cold and selfish most of the time.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:04 am Reply with quote
Dogs all the way. The difference between a cat and a dog is that a Dog knows that you own them and you are the master and the love you unconditionally. Cats think they own you and that they are the master.

Lets face it, you are plainly a means of survival for cats, if they are an outdoor cat and the neighbor feeds them better then you do, that cat will most likely not come back to you. Home is where the food is better for cats. Where as for Dogs home is where you are.
spinja446

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
I've been a dog owner all my life and love dogs very much. I remember getting my first dog for Christmas at age 9 and it was the greatest. They truly are man's best friend.

I'm allergic to cats and I know they shed like crazy and I hear they require more maintenance like clipping they're nails more often then you should, cleaning they're litter box and sitting around for 10 minutes listening to the annoying sound of them trying to cough up a hairball etc.

All I normally do is take my dog out for a walk, wash him every month and take him to get a check up and for shots every 6 months. Oh! and he protects me from burglars trying to break in the house.

Basset Hound and Bloodhound owner for 24+ years. No regrets. Smile
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
Cats are less maintenance than dogs, but dogs are more sociable. Hmmm...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:24 am Reply with quote
Why are we having this poll. While I do like cats, I'm naturally a dog person. My only gripe is that dogs are like children and need constant attention and you can't leave them alone due to the attachment. But whether cats are independent, that's still no reason to leave them alone either. i'll take a lemur.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2