• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sleep-Inducing CD Invites You To Snuggle Up With Your Sister

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Serious question: has there ever been a manga/anime/game/CD like this where the object of affection/attraction is the older sister? Or is it always about the allure of a virginal younger woman calling you onii-san?
Jave

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Serious question: has there ever been a manga/anime/game/CD like this where the object of affection/attraction is the older sister?

Yep, it's one of my favorite doujinshi subjects Laughing
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

I actually made an effort to avoid language that could be interpreted as "mocking," so can you point to any parts in the article where you felt I was deliberately making fun of you?

Not you nor any part of the article, I was aiming more at comments that had already been made and will no doubt follow. The fact that a interest article like this got posted is a weird mish-mash of conflicting emotions so I don't know how to react towards ANN. I'm sorry if my initial post on this topic was written in a way that made it appear if I was in any way lashing out towards you or ANN, that wasn't my goal. Though I admit, being cynical, I just can't fathom why it was posted. I can understand reaching out to post a interest story to those with that interest but it just seems like inviting the comments about being creepy rather than what it mostly likely truly is- a bold new stance of ANN trying to accommodate to pretty much every subgroup of anime fandom without it being negative (see below.)

vashfanatic wrote:
Serious question: has there ever been a manga/anime/game/CD like this where the object of affection/attraction is the older sister? Or is it always about the allure of a virginal younger woman calling you onii-san?

Kiss x Sis is a manga that had an anime adaption a few years ago. The sisters were slightly older twins, very doting and step sisters. Zac's preview rating was a older gentleman sighing with his hand covering his eyes. Another rating was like a 2 while there were something like three zeros. While I liked Kiss x Sis, I'm not someone who will deny that Zac's reviews can be humorous at times. You can check it out under the Spring 2010 preview.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh Japan, why are you so creepy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Saeglopur25 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
I think I like the 3rd one the most~

Also,

Quote:
Shinka Nibutani voices 16-year-old Akiho

It should be Yumi Uchiyama.

Not just that, but they mixed up two of the seiyuu anyway: the second girl Akiho is voiced by Yuka Ōtsubo; Yumi Uchiyama is actually voicing the third girl, Saika.

All fixed!

vashfanatic wrote:

I think Aki Sora deals with this topic?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Also, a friend who is actually fluent in Japanese informed me that Saika's character description is mistranslated; she's the one sick in bed with a cold, not the listener. Please review your translation.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
It's subliminiminiminal............. messaging! Laughing

(Don't learn this by sleep osmosis.)
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad ANN's sharing these articles, because I get a kick out of seeing products I wouldn't otherwise know about, and the wierder the better!

I like a lot of little sister anime, but I can't see myself buying a pillow like this. Cute concept, though!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I had heard about this before, but I didn't know a lot of the details. In particular, I didn't know the stories associated with the characters. I guess that explains Akiho's design. Seems the little sister fetish isn't dying down anytime soon then.

I have to wonder, though, is this just a cd (with some character art), or are there hug pillows as well? At first I assumed this included hug pillows, but I realize now there isn't a single mention of pillows in the article, and the posture of Saika wouldn't make sense for a hug pillow anyways.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
This creeps the hell out of me...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
DirtyCircle wrote:
I've really been enjoying the new Interest articles but have to say this one has been for me, the first disappointment.

I don't understand Japanese so posting about a drama CD that would be appealing to me if I could, is heartbreaking enough if it wasn't for the fact that something like this will only be mocked (as it already has been.)

Yeah yeah, I get it, you find this creepy. Way to go to find another way to make sure a certain small group of fans feel more ostracized because we soooo didn't know that already.

How dare we ostracize creeps?! Outrageous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
This is all fine and all, but I wonder what kind of people you have to be to actually buy this.

Fantasizing (in more ways than one) with your sister or women in your own family its actually very normal, buying doujinshi about the sibect, hentai, etc, fine, but buying this kind of thing??
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I've never fantasized about my sister.

I don't think it's actually normal at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Ringking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Somehow I think this will keep more people awake than get them to go to sleep, if you know what I mean...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
I've never fantasized about my sister.

I don't think it's actually normal at all.

I don't think most people do, however it's just fetish that some seem to have.

On topic so we have gone from sounds of the rain-forest and jazz-music to help insomnia to this. Nothing wrong a Japanese woman role-playing a young girl on cd calling you ONIICHAN! to get sleep, just make sure to change the sheets in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3