• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monogatari 2nd Season to Run for 1/2 Year Starting in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
Ah, is that so? I only watched Negima for Setsuna/Konoka, but yeah, I can see why somebody would say that.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Hope this gets on CR I would have to have to wait for Aniplex to maybe bring it out hear years from now.
Clarste

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, Nise did, and Bake did retroactively, so the odds are pretty high I would think. Unless Nise was some kind of flop for them, but then why would they add Bake afterward?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
It is great to hear that the monogatari second season will begin airing this year. I hope I like it as much as I loved Bakemonogatari. I am kind of confused about the post. Does it say if the series will run from July to December, 2013 or will it be split cour?

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
kaydub

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, if Kizumonogatari actually gets released this year as well...

I'm not sure my body is ready for all this Monogatari!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I have no fears, Shinbo and SHAFT have gone from series to series with no breaks before, and now they have loads-e-money to hire more staff or even contract outside help from other studios. It's about time they did a 2-cours series, and there's no fear that each disc will sell 30k+. It's a "We can't not make this" situation when it's a guaranteed best seller and it seems the staff enjoy making it. On top of working on Kizumonogatari, Sasami-san, and Prism Nana (regardless of the stages they're in), they cranked out a solid four episode Nekomonogatari arc, all in one go!

SHAFT is one bad mother–
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Quote:
26 eps is going to be a real test for SHAFT.

Yeah, never seen a 26 episode Shaft series featuring a loli vampire directed by Akiyui Shinbo before.

Shaft frequently runs into problems finishing episodes at some point in a shows run, even on many of their one cour shows. Moonphase also had an episode with such problems. Shaft hasn't done a two cour series in many years and still has trouble with one cour shows, which is what prompts these concerns.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Well I have something to watch now
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
It is great to hear that the monogatari second season will begin airing this year. I hope I like it as much as I loved Bakemonogatari. I am kind of confused about the post. Does it say if the series will run from July to December, 2013 or will it be split cour?
Split cour titles are usually announced as 1-cour seasons with a small break in-between them. This has the "2-cour" phrasing, so it's a straight adaption without any breaks (outside of extenuating circumstances like TBS had last summer with the Olympics or Girls und Panzer's production issues).
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
I always thought moonphase should have run longer. From what I know the manga never finished its run here, and I have never been able to find out how it ends online.

Personally I preferred Nise to Bake, but to each his own.
skykyo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Good news for me!!! Though like people are saying, I begin to wonder if 26 episodes will be adapted well.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I always thought moonphase should have run longer. From what I know the manga never finished its run here, and I have never been able to find out how it ends online.

Personally I preferred Nise to Bake, but to each his own.

Totally agree on your first sentence and went through the same pains on the second. On the third, I'm on the fence with which is better, although I tend to lean towards Nise, (every time I brush my teeth... Wink ).
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I was ardently in love with Bakemonogatari, but Nisemonogatari killed off most of that love, the Karen arc was insanely long and came down to mostly nothing and the Tsukihi arc was too short and unfinished, and the lack of Oshino was more jarring than I had expected -to the point that I haven't come around to watch Nekomonogatari. I'm not sure if I'll want to watch a full two-cour sequel for that, but if it's really closer to Bake, I might give it a try
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Neko is the only thing with that tone and approach, you can let go of your apprehension already.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Neko is the only thing with that tone and approach, you can let go of your apprehension already.

You mean Nise.

And its amazing how many people fail to get the point of Nise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3