• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ikkitousen's New TV Anime, Xtreme Xecutor, Confirmed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:46 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Hell, it is Ikkitousen so double E's wouldn't of been a bad idea.

But that would have been taking a step down from double Gs.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
Ikki-Tousen Dragon Destiny DVD 1 ->Nov 24 2009

I was just about to go get mine from Best Buy right after checking out ANN. Smile
dentedonion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Urgh, they must be making alot of money off of those figures.

I actually liked the story for the first series and the second series was ok, but what little I saw of the third one was terrible.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I hope it has more nudity than Great Guardians. Other than that, Ikki Tousen is a pretty worthless franchise and I find most of the characters to be insufferable or completely devoid of character.

dentedonion wrote:
Urgh, they must be making alot of money off of those figures.

I actually liked the story for the first series and the second series was ok, but what little I saw of the third one was terrible.

There's only a few hundred figures, no big deal. Ikki Tousen's problem is that not all of the figures are decent quality, some are downright awful.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
Hell, it is Ikkitousen so double E's wouldn't of been a bad idea.

But that would have been taking a step down from double Gs.

Hey, bigger isn't better. I think the atrocity that is Double G's should be proof. So, actually, Double E's could be a step up. It's at least better than XX which looks really dumb now that I know what it stands for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Another Ikkitousen... better get watching the prequels I haven't yet. Huge boobs and ecchi content here I come. Now, that's the good stuff!

Same here. Despite people bashing the first season, i like it a lot though that narrator was really annoying. Gonna get dragon destiny and great guardians as well as to complete the Battle Vixens manga. Hopefully this one will get licensed as well as it's manga counterpart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I was just thinking to myself the other day if Ikki Tousen would get another series.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I wonder if those poor girls have finally located a store that sells clothing that doesn't shred in the first few seconds of combat. I'm thinking probably not. Razz

Oh come on Blood-. We all know Queen's Blade is much worse when it comes to cheap clothing.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Hey, bigger isn't better. I think the atrocity that is Double G's should be proof. So, actually, Double E's could be a step up. It's at least better than XX which looks really dumb now that I know what it stands for.

Can't argue that. Razz They could've easily gone for a hat-trick too, if there was no double G and something like Furious Fighters was used next. And then there's Awesome Avengers, Battle Babes, the possibilities are endless!

jr0904 wrote:
Hopefully this one will get licensed as well as it's manga counterpart.

I hope they wait to see how S2 and S3 sell first, though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I don't know who the girl with the neck tie is, but I'm pretty sure her neck is broken. Or maybe she's a reincarnated owl? Either way her head is turned way beyond normal range of motion, it's practically backwards.

But then again, I guess people aren't really spending much time looking above the shoulders... Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Or maybe she's a reincarnated owl?

You sure pay attention to unnecessary details don't you? Wink
Quote:
But then again, I guess people aren't really spending much time looking above the shoulders.

No, no. Actually, I was looking right at her shoulders, where her uniform seems to be ripped. But no, no success so far.
Tratious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
Or maybe she's a reincarnated owl?

You sure pay attention to unnecessary details don't you? Wink
Quote:
But then again, I guess people aren't really spending much time looking above the shoulders.

No, no. Actually, I was looking right at her shoulders, where her uniform seems to be ripped. But no, no success so far.

SUCCESS!!!
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
egoist wrote:

Quote:

SUCCESS!!!

Shocked Embarassed Twisted Evil ..so that explains why the figure market is so huge here
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Tratious wrote:
Ikki-Tousen Dragon Destiny DVD 1 ->Nov 24 2009

I was just about to go get mine from Best Buy right after checking out ANN. Smile

They pushed it back to December 8th... Sad
dentedonion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I hope it has more nudity than Great Guardians. Other than that, Ikki Tousen is a pretty worthless franchise and I find most of the characters to be insufferable or completely devoid of character.

There's only a few hundred figures, no big deal. Ikki Tousen's problem is that not all of the figures are decent quality, some are downright awful.

lol, well it is a fanservice show. But I liked the intensity of the fight scenes and the drama in the first one. It's been going downhill from there but eh, that's ok. I always laughed off the panty shots and I doubt I'll watch the fourth season.

Yeah some of those figures make bootlegged fakes look ok by comparison.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3