• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Missing Orlando Anime Club Member Reports Safe Return

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
WHERE THE F*** WAS SHE?

You don't need to know. You're not involved in public mental health, you're not a law-enforcement officer, and the woman's an adult so she doesn't have a guardian with any sort of entitlement to that knowledge.

The difference between a soap opera and real-life-events is that a soap opera is written for you, and so the people who write it have an obligation-of-sorts to you, whereas real-life-events are written by the people involved for themselves, not for you, and so the participant's only real obligations are to themselves, and not to you.

Hmmmm, first statement of that first paragraph makes entirely sense while in anime forum. Are you from undercover ?
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
Thanks ANN for the follow-up. I wish her and her family the best.
TD912

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote
Man, what's with all the speculation and conspiracy theories already?

It's just vaguebooking.

The person is stressed about something, but we don't need to go poking around for information like stalkers or the paparazzi. Let the person have some privacy.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
So she was getting her freak on
nyunyuelf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:29 am Reply with quote
Unless her kidnapper is updating her facebook Anime hyper Hopefully, that is not the case.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Can we stop picking on the poor girl and just be glad that she's home safe?! Confused
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
It is human nature to want to know more. We expect some sort of final conclusion that answers all our questions. This doesn't mean we have the right to know more, just that we want our answers.

Really no answers have come forth on this one, a FaceBook entry is meaningless, unless there is proof of life.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:00 pm Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
WHERE THE F*** WAS SHE?

You don't need to know. You're not involved in public mental health, you're not a law-enforcement officer, and the woman's an adult so she doesn't have a guardian with any sort of entitlement to that knowledge.

The difference between a soap opera and real-life-events is that a soap opera is written for you, and so the people who write it have an obligation-of-sorts to you, whereas real-life-events are written by the people involved for themselves, not for you, and so the participant's only real obligations are to themselves, and not to you.

What is your problem, nargun? They just asked a question (although worded a little inappropriately) so quit acting like snob.
kanechin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
WHERE THE F*** WAS SHE?

The world only this girl knows.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Glad she's safe
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
Honestly, I'm not really satisifed with this yet... can we at least get a family member confirming she's been seen in person?

I've read one too many stories about killers hiding their deeds by pretending to be their vicitims digitally to accept a facebook post as proof she's OK.

That's what I thought too, especially since the message was composed so half-assedly.

I do hope she's okay though...
kedie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Think there's a typo in this article, it is at the beginning of the second sentence:

"The then 23-year-old was reported missing to the Orange County Sheriff's Office as of September 26. "
KoroshiyaHunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
kedie wrote:
Think there's a typo in this article, it is at the beginning of the second sentence:

"The then 23-year-old was reported missing to the Orange County Sheriff's Office as of September 26. "

Incorrect. The statement suggests that she was 23 as of September 26th, but is no longer. Simple logic would suggest that she has had a birthday between then and now.

:Edit:
nargun is obvious troll.
kedie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
KoroshiyaHunter wrote:
kedie wrote:

Incorrect. The statement suggests that she was 23 as of September 26th, but is no longer. Simple logic would suggest that she has had a birthday between then and now.

:Edit:
nargun is obvious troll.

LOL good analytical skill! but I think that might not be a case tho, or could it....

I didn't think that far, just didn't sound right when I was reading it out loud haha
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3