• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ever play a video game you'd like to see made into Anime?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I believe Valkyrie Profile would be a good anime, I just got my hands on 2 and although it's kind of slow and the entire process of running around is awkward, it would be an awesome anime, I'd especially like to see the special attacks animated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quote
TestamentSaki wrote:
And BrothersElric, it's Djinn, not Gins Anime smile + sweatdrop

Right, Dijinn! Thanks for correcting me. I was trying to remember what those were called. I just remembered my little brother who always used to call them Gins, which now that I remember more clearly I was quite stressed by it as well. Anime smile + sweatdrop
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
Has anyone ever played any of the games from the "Shin Megami Tenshi" series? Digital Devil Saga? Nocturne? Persona?

For me, this would be one heck of a conversion simply for the fact that the games setting are awesome! The character design is unique as well! Anyone agree?
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:18 am Reply with quote
douglas2k6 wrote:
Has anyone ever played any of the games from the "Shin Megami Tenshi" series? Digital Devil Saga? Nocturne? Persona?

For me, this would be one heck of a conversion simply for the fact that the games setting are awesome! The character design is unique as well! Anyone agree?

Actually they did make an anime based on Shin Megami Tensei a while back. It was called Shin Megami Tensei: Tokyo Apocalypse. Manga Entertainment released it back in the mid 1990's on VHS as Tokyo Revelation. It was just a one shot OVA I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quote
As I mentioned earlier I would like to see some final fantasy remakes/animate (other then VII), well it appears that FFIV is getting a remake for DS!!!! Maybe a manga tie in, or possible a 20 min ova? I know that the fans would really like that. Very Happy
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
As I mentioned earlier I would like to see some final fantasy remakes/animate (other then VII), well it appears that FFIV is getting a remake for DS!!!! Maybe a manga tie in, or possible a 20 min ova? I know that the fans would really like that. Very Happy

I highly doubt that. Its already been remade for the GBA. I cant see em then remaking if for DS.
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:29 pm Reply with quote
@ LeoKnight25: Seriously? I have the VHS and it doesn't resemble the games at all. I would love to see a series come through though! Also, I live in Washington too!
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
douglas2k6 wrote:
@ LeoKnight25: Seriously? I have the VHS and it doesn't resemble the games at all. I would love to see a series come through though! Also, I live in Washington too!

Yeah, as far as I know it's based on the series. Maybe it was based on one of the earlier games in the series or just a spin off of one of the games...I saw it a while ago so, I can't quite recall exactly what it looks like but, you are right that it doesn't look like any of the games that have been brought out here. I'll have to check that out.

What part of Washington do you live in Douglas? Nice to see a couple of fellow Washingtonians on the message boards! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Ok, Douglas...from what I can gather on Wiki and other websites Shin Megami Tensei: Tokyo Apocalypse (or Tokyo Revelation) is in fact based on the Shin Megami Tensei series of games. Shin Megami Tensei in turn, is based on an older series of games just called Digtial Devil Story: Megami Tensei which was for the Famicom and MSX in Japan and those are based on a horror novel supposedly, though I can't find an author. All in all, there's 33 games in the series spanning Famicom, Super Famicom, MSX, NEC PC Engine Super CD, Sega CD, Xbox, Playstation, Playstation 2, Gameboy Advance, Virtual Boy and PC. I can't gather what game, if any, the OVA is based off of so I'm gonna assume it's just an original spin off title based on the elements of the series itself. Hope this helps a bit. Smile
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:17 am Reply with quote
@ LeoKnight25: Thanks for the follow-up info. I have played Persona (PSone) Nocturne (PS2) and the Digital Devil Saga (PS2), and the artwork is totally different in nature than the anime. The story is similar though, dealing with demons and sorcery.

P.S. I live in Tacoma.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:54 am Reply with quote
Fire Emblem might have potential for an Anime.

I think Legend of Zelda could be made into an Anime. So long as they kept it short and focused on the plot aspects instead of alot of exploring Dungeons.
Amasa

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:02 am Reply with quote
Has anybody said Jill of the Jungle yet? That game is seriously one of the best I've ever played and it suits anime so well.
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Legend of Zelda would be great! I remember reading the comic back in the day, it could definitely work as an anime installment.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
douglas2k6 wrote:
Legend of Zelda would be great! I remember reading the comic back in the day, it could definitely work as an anime installment.

A Legend of Zelda anime would be awesome. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't opted to make a Zelda anime yet. Come to think of it, Nintendo hasn't had a lot of their product animated in Japan almost at all. As much as I loved the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World as well as the Zelda cartoons, an anime of those would be even better. I have heard of a short film by Toei I believe it was, for the original Super Mario Bros. I think it was called "Peach-Hime Kyuushutsu Daisakusen" or something like that. I've been very unsuccessfully looking for that one for some time.

The Zelda comics from Valiant were pretty cool, and the manga by Shotaro Ishinomori serialized in Nintendo Power based on a Link to the Past was really cool as well. Which one have you read Douglas?

I'd also like to say that a Metroid anime would be incredible. It would need to be done very seriously, totally in the vein of "Alien" or "Aliens"...sorta sci-fi/horror with a bit of space opera thrown in. That would be sweet.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I highly doubt that. Its already been remade for the GBA. I can't see em then remaking if for DS.

It wasn't really remade for the GBA, it was really ported and had a new translation and worked out some of the bugs. And yes I can see them remaking it because people are going to buy it, and the DS has the largest install base it recently hit 20 million units.
told ya so...

douglas2k6 wrote:

I don't think Link needs an another animated adventure, there's already an American cartoon version available on DVD, and it's nice not have Link all over the place. Beside Link can't talk.....it would make for a boring story.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Mon May 14, 2007 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 11