• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
Just received my imported Jin-Roh. Looks good.

Is it a straight reissue, or did they add anything new? I [expletive] love that film.

I think it is a reissue. I'm not 100% sure though. I don't really have any frame of reference for what's new or old.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
I noticed an amount in my bank account that is pending to TRSI and it just means that Cat Planet Cuties is getting ready to be shipped out to me. Hopefully it arrives before Friday so I have some time to enjoy it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:39 am Reply with quote
Since GoHastings is having a weekend sale (33% of used DVDs), I placed an order with them. It's my first order I've placed with them, but for $15, that's with the shipping, I ordered

Megazone 23 parts 1 and 2
Silent Mobius Collection 1-3

If they're as good as they look (and I've seen some positive stuff about them around here) then that's just dirt cheap, man!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Because I wanted that item with the purchase, I grabbed Cat Planet Cuties. Figured it was already at 40% off, so no need to wait for a sale. Then because I wasn't at the $49 mark, I picked up Arakawa Under The Bridge x Bridge because I wanted it and NISA sets pretty much never go on sale anyways, so little reason to wait for the price to drop. Plus there's the fear that if I wait for a Christmas sale or something, by that point the collector's sets will be gone, and the sets are most of the point for me buying the shows anyways.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
From RightStuf: Gorgeous Carat Galaxy (as it's one of the few manga I get that's SFW, that's where I'll be reading it in my infrequent spare time); Love Circles (an OEL BL); Wild Butterfly (calling this one "BL" is quite a stretch if you ask me); a second copy of Black Sun v02 (my first one came with a small nick in the front cover but I wanted to read it so badly and didn't want to wait for an exchange); and a Hetalia keychain of Italy in swimtrunks.

Not a purchase, but a lovely, thoughtful gift: From fellow forumer Alan45, a set of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure postcards from an old copy of NewType:

And closeups of my favorite boys from the OVA. (Yes, boys-- they're 16 year old HS students, can't you tell?)

Thank you again, Alan45, for thinking of me!

And then: Not this week but the previous (I was just too distracted by other stuff* to open it), from AmiAmi, the Togainu no Chi - Akira ES Series 1/8 figure [Kotobukiya]:
(More here.)

Though normally I don't include stuff that I preorder even if I prepaid for it (which is the case with some figure exclusives), I'm gonna throw in the Tiger & Bunny Figuarts Zero - Ivan Karelin Tamashii Web Shouten exclusive, preordered/paid at Big in Japan and due out in August because he's so cute:

I currently have all 4 (so far) Taibani Figuarts Zero figures on preorder with BiJ (Kotetsu, Barnaby, Keith and now Ivan). I can't seem to help myself.

*Also, from Amazon I bought the mp3 of This Century's Hopeful Romantic because I heard it on this drama fanvid for Rooftop Prince (the delicious crack "other stuff" that took priority over Akira up there, and pretty much everything else right now). Another song that I discovered by its use in a fanvid, and yet another example of so-called "copyright infringement" functioning as advertising.

Last edited by poonk on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I did these yesterday.

Spice and Wolf season 1 BD. It's on sale on Amazon but it also was in my gold box for the day. I couldn't pass up that deal.

I then did my first Amazon JP order. I bought the Time of Eve OVA BD collection (the one that has subtitles) and the LE of Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies BD
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
jrnemanich wrote:
I did these yesterday.

I then did my first Amazon JP order. I bought the Time of Eve OVA BD collection (the one that has subtitles) and the LE of Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies BD

The Eve no Jikan Japanese ONA Blu-Ray was my first purchase from Amazon Japan as well. The release is nice; has an outer sleeve box which is the image shown on Amazon Japan and also included are 3 additional double sided Blu-Ray case sleeves included...so you can choose one of 7 different characters (there are 2 different ones of Sammy) to be on the Blu-Ray case. Picture quality and audio quality are pretty good as well, though it's not a reference quality title.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:14 am Reply with quote
The Time of Eve BD is really nice. There are a few subbing errors, but only a few and you'll forget them as soon as you see them, mostly because you'll be engrossed by how awesome the show is. Though I can't say I like how they added three other covers for pack-ins. I don't know what to do with them (I already like the one on there). I don't know why you'd make that kind of extra when it already has a slipcase.

Anyways, I've had a lot of stuff ship out the last few days.

First - The second LE volume for AnoNatsu shipped out, so I'm anxious for that. The shipping for this one was much less than the first one, so here's to hoping HMV doesn't suddenly spring on me, "Hey, have a free poster that we didn't tell you about and adds six dollars to your already expensive shipping!". The poster isn't even that cool.

Second - My Sayaka nendo, Sayaka figma, and Kyoko figma shipped. That'll complete my PMMM figma collection and puts me one step closer to finishing my nendos. I got some neat ideas for these two, so hopefully they can bend the ways I need them to. No, guys, they aren't sexual! GOSH!

Third - Much to my surprise, Cat Planet Cuties shipped out. Since I ordered it with the Shiki LE (that comes out 5/29) I thought they'd hold it, but I just got the shipping confirmation. It doesn't bother me, I'm actually happy they did since it means I don't have to suffer through everyone talking about how cool the packaging and art book is. The few days between the first person posting pictures and me actually getting it is always agonizing.

So all I'm waiting for now are my Sen and Shaga prize figures from Hobby Link Japan (which I hope comes soon) and the Banpresto Kyoko and Moe Homura, which I've already paid for, and I'm done with April. And all under $300, too! Yay.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Comic shop visit:

Durarara! v02
Honey and Clover 9-10
ljaesch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Today, my husband purchased a copy of the End of Evangelion DVD that he found at FYE for $15.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:57 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Second - My Sayaka nendo, Sayaka figma, and Kyoko figma shipped. That'll complete my PMMM figma collection and puts me one step closer to finishing my nendos. I got some neat ideas for these two, so hopefully they can bend the ways I need them to. No, guys, they aren't sexual! GOSH!

Okay, where do you buy your figures? I have never been interested in collecting figures before, but I am seriously contemplating getting the Sayaka and Kyoko figmas (I'd also love to get Madoka and Homura, but I don't think I have the finances for it).
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I mostly use AmiAmi, but I've also used Hobby Link Japan, Hobby Search, and Otacute when AmiAmi is sold out. However, those two have been sold out for a long time. PMMM figures don't usually last more than a few days after the preorders go up. The Mami nendo sold out so fast they had to do a second run and it sold out again after a day (maybe two, not sure). I'd keep an eye on Mandarake for the next few days to see if some used/resell ones show up (click the date under "New Item Arrived").
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I managed to score Vol. 1-4 of FAKE for $2/book at Half-Price Books, as well as Pretty Face Vol. 2.

Tonight I also picked up Vol. 4, 5, and 7 of Tokyo Babylon from Half.com. 4 and 5 were pretty cheap, and 7 finally got down to a reasonable $30. One more volume to go!...which also tends to be pricey as hell.

Oh joy.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Some of my anime shirts were wearing out so I decided to put in a clothing order with Rightstuf and replace them with other stuff. I got:

Evangelion-Unit 01 T-Shirt
Highschool of the Dead-Saeko with Sword T-Shirt
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya-Haruhi T-Shirt
Spice and Wolf-Holo in Forest T-Shirt
moonie92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 2 (Everlasting Memories)

As much as I'd like to start my CCS collection with Vol. 1, I couldn't afford it with my seven dollar gift card. I'll have to deal with two until my paycheck next week I guess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 877 of 1401