• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
K (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
what exactly was Neko trying to do with the highlighter/pen?

Draw on Kuro's face again, obviously Laughing Then he used some sort of technique to make her visible.

Neko and Kukuri continue to be a real pleasure to watch. Neko is fun and Kukuri is a sweet girl who's so honest she sometimes makes things worse Laughing

And those trash robots totally remind me of Index.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
getchman wrote:
what exactly was Neko trying to do with the highlighter/pen?

Draw on Kuro's face again, obviously Laughing Then he used some sort of technique to make her visible.

Neko and Kukuri continue to be a real pleasure to watch. Neko is fun and Kukuri is a sweet girl who's so honest she sometimes makes things worse Laughing

And those trash robots totally remind me of Index.

so would that mean when she is a cat, she also has some sort of spirit form at the same time?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
so would that mean when she is a cat, she also has some sort of spirit form at the same time?

Eh, I don't think that's quite it. While we see her pick up the marker as a cat, I imagine she shifted to her human form to draw on Kuro. We know that her human form isn't visible to normal humans so you could kind of call it a spirit form... Whatever the case, Kuro said "Katsu!" which I've seen used to finish off chants so I think he did some kind of spell to cancel out her invisibility.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
=======

You know, this show is a lot slower then I thought it would be. Seriously. The fight this episode was pretty cool, I guess, but the show almost felt reluctant to have it. Like for the first half of the episode the show is doing everything it can NOT to have the fight.

I am curious about Shiro's involvement, so I'll stick with the show, but I'm always hoping it picks up.

Finally, I swear to god they're getting bigger every time we see them.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 5:
So Fushimi not only is spoiler[a former Homura member], but spoiler[he has two color Auras: Red Fire and Blue Lighting. How is it possible for a person two have two colored Auras?] We don't know yet; I'm not sure if Auras are powers given at birth or psychic abilities passed from the current King to a new user.

Misaki Yuta, who seems respectful towards women yet vulgar with men, was close with the murdered Tatara Totsuka (ep. 6 might provide a flashback for his time as a Homura member) so he's taking this manhunt rather seriously. Still, not sure why Spectra-4 members want the new Colorless King.

The fight scene between them, while brief, was done with plenty of flare and fluidity as I had expected out of the series.

Now, some problems with this episode.
The pacing was so slow. Too much time spent on searching, when 10 minutes was all they needed. Also, every episode ends on cliffhangers but this one left me with two questions.

1. spoiler[How did Yoshiro's student data get erased in such a short amount of time?] In the last episode, and earlier in this episode, his school records were there. The Spectra-4 members even confirmed his picture as a 91% confirmation. I think the Homura's hacker has something to do with it but, why would they erase the data?

2. spoiler[How did Kukuri forget what Yoshiro looked like?] She has the same classes with him and she took a picture of him on the day after the murder. He, Neko, and Kuroh just left the school while the two Homura & four Spectra members arrived. Even if the picture spoiler[Misaki] showed her is a bit dark & blurry, she should still know what he looks like.

I'm already in this series but the pacing needs to pick up. If GORA is going to show boat their animation, they might as well spend more time showing off some exciting action scenes.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
I'm not sure if Auras are powers given at birth or psychic abilities passed from the current King to a new user.

It's the latter. If you're worthy enough the King can bestow power on you. Fushimi had this happen to him twice.

Those with natural born abilities are called Strains.

The episode was a tad slow, yeah, but we get some more insight into Yata atleast. Still, the development at the end of the episode really peaked my curiosity. Gonna be hard waiting for next week.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

It's the latter. If you're worthy enough the King can bestow power on you. Fushimi had this happen to him twice.

Those with natural born abilities are called Strains.

The episode was a tad slow, yeah, but we get some more insight into Yata at least. Still, the development at the end of the episode really peaked my curiosity. Gonna be hard waiting for next week.

Thanks.
I knew Strains gained their powers naturally but I had forgotten that Kings had to bestow powers on others (I think the manga spin-off mentioned this with Mikoto and the Homura gang)

One good thing I can say about K is that, so far, it takes typical character stereotypes and adds something that you weren't expecting.

Neko: Innocent Fanservice girl who's incredibly clever and bubbly.

Kuroh: Dark-haired, serious bishie swordsman who's has few "maternal" aspects.

Misaki: Teen ganster /thug who's quite shy/polite around ladies.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote
That Kuroh just never ceases to amaze me.
He's just full of useful knowledge.
Shiro found evidence of his involvement in that shooting after all.
I'm still wondering if he has a double personality... or someone is framing him.
Now everyone seems to be looking for him as well.
Fushimi vs Misaki. That Fushimi really really likes to tease. Nice fight.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
That Kuroh just never ceases to amaze me.
He's just full of useful knowledge.
Shiro found evidence of his involvement in that shooting after all.
I'm still wondering if he has a double personality... or someone is framing him.
Now everyone seems to be looking for him as well.
Fushimi vs Misaki. That Fushimi really really likes to tease. Nice fight.

you may be jumping to a conclusion a bit early here!

he found evidence from the crime you assume it implies involvement don't forget a group willing to fake a video would probably also plant evidence.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
K is secretly a complex show. From the moment Neko introduced herself things became clear to me. When Neko introduced herself she says "wagahai wa neko de aru" which translates into I am a cat. To quote Wikipedia, I am a cat is about the uneasy mix of Western culture and Japanese traditions, and the aping of Western customs.

As seen with the first episode, the mix of blue, green, and red filters is symbolic of the uneasy mix of cultures in I am a cat. Rather than cultures, it is about the clash between Howling Flame (HOMRA) and Sceptre 4; Yashiro, Neko, and Kuroh are the "cats" of this show and it revolves around their involvements and encounters with Howling Flame and Sceptre 4.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
So I've been thinking about the end of the episode and came up with a theory:

spoiler[Shiro is just hiding out at the school. Some spell is in place that makes others at the school acknowledge him only when he's on campus. Shiro didn't lose his PDA, he never had one to begin with.]

I suppose it's also possible that spoiler[Kukuri is actually one of his clansmen and is covering for him.]
dan7el

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why Shiro thinks it's okay to just leave the school grounds again after what happened to him last time.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quote
It's getting interesting by now. Fushimi is such an spoiler[a$$hole] and I couldn't help to laugh at how his glasses were drawn incorrectly in profile / 90 angle shot. Well, it's a pretty common mistake in anime and manga, and even the beautifully-animated anime can have such mistake.

And Vaisaga's theory is pretty interesting.
I don't think that spoiler[Kukuri is the type who can lie to others, because she told Yatogami where Shiro is, without any suspicion at all.]

And the reason why Fushimi and the others couldn't find Shiro is perhaps (in my theory) spoiler[because Shiro never exist in the school to begin with. He didn't lose his PDA but he never got one, because he's actually not a student there]

And maybe, like Vaisaga's post, spoiler[He perhaps casted a spell to the students, and perhaps to himself, so he would forget all the crimes he had done spoiler[(like Takizawa Akira in Eden of East)]]

And actually I do think that Tatara's laid-back personality is similar to Shiro now. I don't know if it has something to do in the next episodes.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
ZorgonXtreme wrote:

and it looks like they will be back to normal by the look of things in the next episode preview
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So I've been thinking about the end of the episode and came up with a theory:

spoiler[Shiro is just hiding out at the school. Some spell is in place that makes others at the school acknowledge him only when he's on campus. Shiro didn't lose his PDA, he never had one to begin with.]

I suppose it's also possible that spoiler[Kukuri is actually one of his clansmen and is covering for him.]

that sounds like a really plausible theory
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 16