• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need help with anime names

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaheteiole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:01 am Reply with quote
Long, long time ago...
Approx 10 years ago I saw my first two anime cartoons. Since at this point I didn't know english, I couldn't remember their names. Come to think of it I didn't even really know what was happening (I was just about 10).
In first anime Earth was completely defenceles against some army and Earths only hope was some ship with submarine attached to it. Action never leaves Earth and most of things happen under water.
Second was about war between sea dwellers and surfacers. Story tells about some scientist and his daughter, who turns out to be sea dweller. She gets killed in the end while trying to prevent battle between two armies. Sea dwellers hair would change color when they move from sea to surface.
Any help would be appreciated.
Both animes are not series, but hour and half cartoons.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:50 am Reply with quote
vaheteiole wrote:
Second was about war between sea dwellers and surfacers. Story tells about some scientist and his daughter, who turns out to be sea dweller. She gets killed in the end while trying to prevent battle between two armies. Sea dwellers hair would change color when they move from sea to surface.

This is Sango-sho Densetsu: Aoi Umi no Erufii ("Coral Reef Legend: Elfie of the Blue Sea").

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vaheteiole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:41 am Reply with quote
Wow that was fast! Thanks. Very Happy
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:21 am Reply with quote
vaheteiole wrote:
Wow that was fast! Thanks. Very Happy

Palun - I'm glad to be of assistance. I'm just sorry I can't come up with an answer to the first one, no matter how much I rack my brain.

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
In first anime Earth was completely defenceles against some army and Earths only hope was some ship with submarine attached to it. Action never leaves Earth and most of things happen under water.

Blue submarine 6 maybe?
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Long, long time ago...
Approx 10 years ago I saw my first two anime cartoons.

No, It couldn't have been Blue Submarine No 6. It wasn't made 10 years ago. ANN states it being vintage at a date of 1999.

Even if it's ANN is trying to say that it was only shown in the U.S. in 1999, (which I highly doubt) the style of animation shown in Blue Submarine No 6 is far beyond what the industry was capable of 10 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I missed the 10 years bit. Well that and I have only watched about 10 mins worth of Blue sub and didn't know when it was made.
vaheteiole

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:43 pm Reply with quote
It's not Blue Submarine No 6. Screenshots dont match images in my memory. Smile
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the plot does sound remarkably like Blue Submarine no. 6. Since it's based on a manga by Ozawa Satoru from the late 1960s, it wouldn't be impossible for somebody to have made an anime based on the same story, previously.

However, I can't find any sign of such an anime... so that will have to remain hypothetical.

- abunai
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1