• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Supernatural The Animation Project Launched From Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
chicogrande wrote:

Yeah, I can see it now. A suave senior "seme" demon hunter and his younger "uke" crisscross the US fighting seductive (mostly male) demons & angels as pawns in a struggle between heaven and hell for their souls (and bodies).

Eh? I thought they were brothers.

Oh lol, if only you knew. 'Tis best to be ignorant.

Heck, I'm not even a part of the fandom, and even I know how big the Wincest/slash fandom is for Supernatural. I'd challenge anyone to go on the fandomsecrets community on livejournal and spend 20 minutes looking at secrets and NOT find one that has some sort of Dean/Sam, Dean/Castiel, Sam/Castiel in it. And I'm willing to bet that it will soon be swarming with secrets now on how amazing it would be to have Supernatual being drawn in CLAMP fashion or how someone now ships it even though he/she didn't before and that the anime is going to make things so much hotter, etc.

Irebun wrote:
oh and laaawd, if people thought the wincest/slash was bad now, just wait 'till this show comes out. 8U <3

My thoughts exactly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
eyeresist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote
But don't expect to see any of that in the actual anime.
Syobon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait, oh my, the best American TV show turned into anime by one of best Japanese studios Very Happy
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Started watching the TV show because of this news announcement and am now almost done with season 2. This is a really fun show, and I love the chemistry between the actors (non-sexual only, this whole Wincest thing is just ridiculous; although I do find it hilarious they are often thought to be a gay couple at hotels), and the brotherly banter. They really work well together.

I hope the anime gets the humor and relationship right, it would be a shame if they missed that.

Am also curious if they are going to try and do the small town American feel or do some Japanese equivalent. Too bad they probably won't have all that great music in there; I love the song choices for the show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8