• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-03-03

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
Hahaha!! That was too funny.
Though 'Baccano' would have been just as funny. Now if you really want to boggle the teachers mind toss in some 'Spice Wolf' for economics.
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Yegh. When I was in high school, I just didn't care, and would do stuff like this just out of spite and laughs. Used to confuse the shit out of my very serious, Russian Japanese teacher by answering the many questions I didn't know the answers to on Japanese tests with shit I picked up from anime. One time there was a question where I had to write 'father' and although I knew the answer, I was failing enough ofo the test anyway, so I just wrote 'Chichi-ue' the super archaic way of saying it, since I'd been watching Escaflowne the night before lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I never seriously knew anyone in school who actually doodled all over their test. Looks like someone will be having a parent-teacher conference soon Anime hyper
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote
This happened to me once. Not on an exam though. T'was back when a particular anime was syndicated in god-forbidden times like 5am as the very first show in the morning. So I'd wake up at 5am and stay up till my first class at 9am - but once I was really half-asleep through class. I didn't notice what happened till a week later night-studying for a next-day exam: I wrote anime references over and over instead of writing that day's notes! I had to run and copy a friend's notes for that day just to continue studying. Shocked

That was unintentional, but this one wasn't: a semester after graduating, some friends and I came back to see other friends who were graduating a semester later. We sat down in one friend's class' final exam (it was a big class in a big auditorium, so nobody notices we didn't belong there). I actually tried to answer the questions earnestly, but other friends not so much - like when one handed in his papers just half-an-hour into a 3-hour exam (full of WWE essays I later found out), bewildering the teacher-assistants (and every other student in the room) until they started reading it and laughing. Laughing
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I don't think I've ever done that bad of a job on an essay. And LOL at Thug Lyfe and Kung Fu Gland.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Akatsukiwolf wrote:
Quote:
I seriously, seriously hope that there isn't an anime fan out there that has actually done this. ... Please don't prove me wrong.

*DIES* winnnnnnnnnnnn Laughing
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Save Ferris.

I'm not a very good doodler, but I have gotten back a few tests, and wondered if it was I who had taken them. "Is this my handwriting? Am I an idiot?" According to my grades? Yes. and Yes.
Apashi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Even though I am an anime fan and artist I can only remember doing that once and it was an accident. I had drawn a chibi evil santa holding a knife with a dark writing "Ho Ho Ho" on the side of my sophmore english quiz and forgot to erase it before I handed it in. Thankfully all I got was a question mark next to it, grade safe. Then there was my sophmore history class where the best doodle on the back of the quiz got to hang on the wall. I still have my lovely anime-style Chicken George somewhere in my records.
But I love the "See Me" on her paper. I wonder how that explaination is gonna go? xD
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see someone do that on a Music Theory exam.
Hepzibah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Oops! Poor Paola! Laughing

I may or may not have used silly answers in tests when I was completely clueless. I just took a note from a friend of mine from high school: If you don't know the answer, at least make the person grading it laugh.

I have been in situations where I've received the test later, and wondering what on Earth I was thinking with those answers. It's probably a good thing I'm not taking tests anymore...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Akatsukiwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
*DIES* winnnnnnnnnnnn Laughing

*RESURRECTS* wins again Laughing
LunarBluestone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Poor Paola. Hope she can retake it.

Well, today is March the 3rd, so it's Hinamatsuri -- Girl's Day! Maybe she can drown her sorrows with some mochi and dango Smile
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of the time I used xxxHolic to B.S. my way through an English final in high shcool
Pokedpoker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Paola now knows, that in order to function her brain properly during exams, she must sleep. You need at least, well... give or take, 3 hours of sleep.

But, I understand her. History is really... well, a tough subject that likes to mock your memory. It's not fun. A mean test comes from a nasty class.

At least she answered the free response problems! Props to her trying. I always try on those, even if I kinda-sorta-smartly b.s. them.

Also, is Paola in high school? I see lockers in the background!
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote
Pokedpoker wrote:
Also, is Paola in high school? I see lockers in the background!

LOL, I had the same thought but not because of the lockers (those didn't register). Instead, the questions on the test, like the "Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act" and the Great Depression made me think "she's in High School, isn't she? I hadn't realized that before. I swear I've not seen a question like that since then because they sure didn't do History tests like that in college (I'm a former History major, btw)." G*d, I'd actually forgotten about all those Tariff acts until I read the strip!

I also wondered if anyone actually really did stuff like Paola did there but this thread seems to show that it must be a not totally unusual mess up for teens that are artist. I'd personally never done anything like that on a test. While my notes tended to have more doodles/scribbles type stuff on them than understandable notes at times, I've come to realize over the years that just the act of drawing stuff (patterns tended to be a favorite) seems to help thing stick in my mind almost better than my unreadable handwriting ever did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3