• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kämpfer (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:57 am Reply with quote
Sea Lion wrote:
spoiler[Does Kaede have a power somewhat like Geass, or is it more like some sort of super-hypnosis? In either case, the other Kampfers are in for a nasty surprise attack from Natsuru]

spoiler[ Kaede is clearly involved with whoever is behind the Kampfer. For people capable of changing your gender and giving you special powers and animating stuffed animals.. hypnotism is small stuff[]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Well, I stand corrected: spoiler[I didn't think they'd be able to wrap things up in a satisfying way with only 2 eppies left, but not only did they do so, but they did it in ONE episode. (Next eppie is an "extra"). They have certainly left things open for a second season (which I hope they do) but this season has a satisfying conclusion, imo. I'm still a little bit unclear how in control Kaede is of her bad side (i.e. is she fully conscious of it or is she some sort of split personality who doesn't know what "bad" Kaede is doing?) At this point, things seem to suggest she is an outright black hat.]

Anyway, I enjoyed the hell out of this light, frothy, fun, fan service-y show. Come on, season 2!
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Episode 11

Well, I stand corrected: spoiler[I didn't think they'd be able to wrap things up in a satisfying way with only 2 eppies left, but not only did they do so, but they did it in ONE episode. (Next eppie is an "extra"). They have certainly left things open for a second season (which I hope they do) but this season has a satisfying conclusion, imo. I'm still a little bit unclear how in control Kaede is of her bad side (i.e. is she fully conscious of it or is she some sort of split personality who doesn't know what "bad" Kaede is doing?) At this point, things seem to suggest she is an outright black hat.]

Anyway, I enjoyed the hell out of this light, frothy, fun, fan service-y show. Come on, season 2!

Hahaha. This show is so bad its hilarious. But then again, I did watch every episode Razz it was made pretty much for just harem and fan-service good times, eh? Oh well.

As for the girls' spoiler["powerup'd costumes" wow. Didn't expect this show to get any more um...revealing? idk, bad word, but i guess it fits.]

As for a next season...i dunno, spoiler[obviously they left it open, but really, what can they honestly do that would be any different? Clearly now Kaede is enemy #1 but...what? beat her and another character with some henchmen/women will pop up to fight? mehhhh.... ]

Also, spoiler[by the logic of the two worlds fighting, if both Earth red and blue teams make peace, then shouldn't the planets make peace as well? It would only be logical, because should one side lose, the corresponding planet also loses. Or should I just go back to watching the boobs bounce around on the screen and stop asking logical plot breaking questions? Anime hyper]
Miranox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 am Reply with quote
This show doesn't take itself seriously. It's part of the comedy. I think Natsuru pointed out at the beginning how absurd the whole situation is. Anyway, I'm glad the show became good again because I was losing interest halfway through. Shizuku, the Senjougahara look-alike, contributed a lot to the show's appeal. I disliked Kaede at first and now that she turned against everyone I like her a lot more. Funny how that works eh? Also, did everyone notice the song that started playing around 7 and a half minutes in, when Kaede revealed her intentions to Natsuru? It kicks ass! They should have played it more.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7 was awesome, if only for the fight at the end spoiler[mostly with the mascots contributing by a big light show and music, and then saying that the others were worthless without them. Get hold of that song when it is released, it had the wonderous feel of inocence being deformed, simular to those freaky stuffed animals. And then there was him being made to feel up the girls in a scene simular to Rosario + Vampire.]

Well it was fun, had comedy, and managed to make me wonder how comfertable I was with gender being, I hope for more.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Well it was fun, had comedy, and managed to make me wonder how comfortable I was with gender being, I hope for more.

In case you meant "episode 11", then I doubt you'll be getting more of that. The last episode is some kind of Christmas special, so unless there's a new season. Though a second season is quite possible, well, we all know how anime like this generate a follow up rather easily.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Not bad, not bad. I knew spoiler[Natsuru would attack her friends, but I didn't know she/he had to power to break Kaede's spell. Also, how stupid was he in the first place? He knew, after Shizuku restored his memory, that Kaede had mind control capabilities, so why would he go to her place alone?]

Talk about harsh! spoiler[Kaede showed her true colors when she insulted Natsuru by telling him his male side was useless because he couldn't fudge Shizuku. ]

Did anyone else notice spoiler[Kaede used both a gun and a sword? If she's so powerful, it's a wonder she didn't take on everyone by herself.]

So, everything's wrapped up, nice and neat, yet left wide open for a second season. Considering the time of year, isn't it appropriate the bonus eppy is a spoiler[Christmas show?] I'll grab a hot chocolate and sit down to watch it.

P.S.: I liked the usage of Ode to Joy -- with altered lyrics -- during the climactic battle. Ode is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It also reminds me of Die Hard, which still is a kick-ass Christmas movie.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Sea Lion wrote:
P.S.: I liked the usage of Ode to Joy -- with altered lyrics -- during the climactic battle. Ode is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It also reminds me of Die Hard, which still is a kick-ass Christmas movie.

That must explains why I have been finding something funny about a comercial of Die Hard on tv, it was reminding me of alterd version by the soft toys. I thought it was a christmas song, though most christmas songs don't talk about german guns and such.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Actually, Ode to Joy is not a Christmas song, but it is one of my fave pieces of music ever. That Beethoven guy had some mad skillz, yo. My favourite use of Ode to Joy in anime was in the final episode of the first season of Gunslinger Girl. The context in which it was used still brings a lump to my throat.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Sea Lion wrote:
Also, how stupid was he in the first place?

Pretty stupid. Plus, he wanted to believe it wasn't true. Shizuku is pretty much the only character in the entire series who has any common sense. spoiler[Well, evil Kaede, too.]
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
Hi, is the Kampfer HQ?

Yeah, give me my 23 minutes back. Your bonus episode sucked.

I personally found 0 comedy or any entertainment value in this final episode. Once the initial "luls the dolls are the girls" scene was over, it was just rehashing the same joke over and over and over. No thanks. 3/10
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm destined to be offside in opinions today. Perhaps because I knew it would be a bonus episode and therefore did not go in with huge expectations, I liked it. I was glad to see the return of the three femmes from female Natsuru's class, including the super money-loving one. This was a fall series that I had little hopes for at the beginning but found to be surprisingly entertaining. Hoping for a second season.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that ... happened. I can't say I wouldn't have liked another regular season episode, but this wasn't terrible as holiday fare goes.

First off, Superman and Batman worked too hard. All they needed to do was throw on some cat ears & tail, then talk in a totally different voice. Not only would their secret identities have been safe, people would out-of-hand dismiss even the faintest notions they could be superheroes, based on Kampfer Christmas logic.

spoiler[Kaede made me laugh when she said the theme park was for maniacs like her. It was the only admission the events of the last few eppys had ever happened.]

Sadly, this episode illustrated why spoiler[the Entrails Animals had limited screen time. A little of them is all right, but they can't carry a whole eppy.]

I'm with Blood- in hoping there will be second season, though I don't know where they'd go after the end of Ep. 12.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, one of the places they can go is to actually deal with the whole Kampfer fighting business. We now know why the Kampfers fight, but the first season kinda glossed over that whole element to deal mostly with the harem aspects. And, of course, Natsuru still hasn't officially chosen one of the chicks, yet...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:27 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed it, Kampfer never expects itself to be great, instead it is happy to take jabs at itself and do purposly crazy and stupid stuff. Who would have guessed the main character(s) for the christmas episode spoiler[and it is obviously hard to make a worthwhile story useing the mascots.] I laughed at a bunch of the jokes, got a bit annoyed at some others, though respected that it was part of the theme they were useing, notably I laughed at spoiler["And Santa and the others whent back to their planet"] Laughing .

I also noticed something odd while I watched this weeks Seitokai no Ichizon. There was was one shot which had all of the girls with ears, tails and clothes that was in this weeks episode, it looked like a reference but their would be no time to put it in, maybe just a coincidence.

Overall I enjoyed Kampfer, especially if I compared it to something like 11 Eyes, though I guess I just like this sort of ecchi anime, even though the fanservice doesn't stimulate me too much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5