• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2009-04-24]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
infinitebeauty wrote:

As a teen in the American comics market, I can say this with complete confidence: No. There are titles for teens, and there are titles for kids, but a lot of the stuff is aimed at older fans, especially in the Big Two.
Unless you were talking about the American market for manga, in which case you will get no arguments from me. With a lot of comics being made for the older fan, it is no wonder that teens are turning toward manga.

Yeah pretty much, I don't think Kingdom Come or The Watchman or even 1602 or Marvel Zombies are for teens (although a teen could feel free to read them...)

Quote:
are you going to get a political comic in America?

I'd say this quote is missing that comics have been used and have caused political activism and change, like the Batman comic "Seduction of the Gun" on gun control http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/batman-takes-on-the-virginia-gun-lobby-david-usborne-visits-the-state-which-is-the-main-source-of-guns-used-in-crime-in-eastern-america-1477192.html

So yes even the traditional spandex superhero comic can get very political...

Then you get into comics like The Boondocks or even gasp the start of comics, the political funnies...

Last edited by LordRedhand on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
USDL, otherwise known as the Federation of Moronic, Self-inflated Pedophiles. Twisted Evil

Hope that offends the hell outta your "organization", bud. And jeez laweez, get a life, will ya?

I can't stop laughing at how absurdly stupid this guy is.

And finally, Brian's retort made me all the more happy that I've come to follow Hey! Answerman over the years. It's a wonderful feeling to know that now 2 writers have expressed such delightfully juvenile attitudes when presented with delusional otaku whack jobs. Anime hyper
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
You know, I always thought that if you sent your emails to the Answerman, then that you would want to have it potentially up with the column... Isn't that the nature of the column in the first place? Again, japanophiles, you can love Japan all you want but again, don't take it too far. Keep your yaoi paddles and japoenglish amongst friends and people who get it.

There's also something I think that some Japanophiles don't realize about certain anime products here in the US. And that is that they are products that originate from the US or they are conjured up by Americans or non-Japanese. Take the yaoi paddle for example, purely something that is American. As far as I know that thing is non-existant in Japanese anime fans minds. That thing just amazes me. And a lot of those shirts that you see, like "I love hentai" or "Nihonjin no Kanojo boshuchu," if I remember correctly a few of those are J-List originals.
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
You people know nothing. You can call the USDL Stupid, Fake, or whatever, that your opinion. But the fact of the matter is, Were here to stay. and wather you like it or not, there isn’t a damn thing you can do. So get your heads outta your ass, and take a look at yourselves before you attack me or my group. Egomania isn’t something you should be expressing on a website full of Worthless Board Certified Dumbasses with nothing in there life’s to do but attack Loli-Fans and jack off to Japanese Idols from your favorite anime magazine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
frodonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
the president of the loli org's reply made me think of this weeks ANNina strip..

to think that all of us can be lumped together in a single community with the generic label of being "anime fans/otaku", together with the otakukin, the loli pedos, the narutards, the shonen/shoujo haters and the yuri/yaoi/hentai/moe fanboys and fangirls....

Shocked Anime cry
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
You people know nothing. You can call the USDL Stupid, Fake, or whatever, that your opinion. But the fact of the matter is, Were here to stay. and wather you like it or not, there isn’t a damn thing you can do. So get your heads outta your ass, and take a look at yourselves before you attack me or my group. Egomania isn’t something you should be expressing on a website full of Worthless Board Certified Dumbasses with nothing in there life’s to do but attack Loli-Fans and jack off to Japanese Idols from your favorite anime magazine.

Keep it up with the ridiculous hostility and I'll be happy to kick you out of these forums.
Veers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
How dare you, ANN members! You can't do that! It's gotta be 2D DFC or the USDL will come and get you!

Rolling Eyes
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I thought the flake this week was funny. The USDL seems to be a little insane though, possibly to the point that they may commit murder over this stuff.
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
now it gets fun! tell me about yourself , chuckles.

far as shounen goes, I guess the 'does the premise jive?' litmus test works. i don't get the attraction of a ninja in a bright orange track suit while say a spirit detective busting bad ghosties peaks my interests.

to condemn all of shounen is like to condemn all of cartoon networks lineup. is it aimed at adolescents? yes. do Chowder and Mr. Manshow have anything in common? no.

fawhooosh!
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
I thought the flake this week was funny. The USDL seems to be a little insane though, possibly to the point that they may commit murder over this stuff.
im thinking they're more prone to commit the kinda acts that result in a relocation away from any playground/school zone and a sign in your brand new front yard.

fawhooosh!
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
*Bows* Im sorry Zac. My comments were out of line and I ensure you I will avoid doing that. *Bows again*

But to the point, I am not a pedophile. I cant speak for the entire Loli-Community, unfortunitly, because they wont agree. But I am not a Pedo. Please dont place me in the catagory of the Lowest Form of Scum on Earth, Pedophiles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Panda Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
FlamingPinecone wrote:
Panda Man wrote:
im thinking they're more prone to commit the kinda acts that result in a relocation away from any playground/school zone and a sign in your brand new front yard.

That too, but I'm talking about how they may kill someone just for saying something bad about them.
Akemi L. Mokoto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn kill someone for that reason. The only person I'd kill is a Pedophile. I've told people that. I plan on...nevermeind, the last thing i need is the FBI kicking down my Door arresting me for something before I do it. Lets just say, the NABLA Headquarters in San Fran, needs to look out becaause with in 3 years all hell will break Louse.
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Akemi L. Mokoto wrote:
I wouldn kill someone for that reason. The only person I'd kill is a Pedophile. I've told people that. I plan on...nevermeind, the last thing i need is the FBI kicking down my Door arresting me for something before I do it. Lets just say, the NABLA Headquarters in San Fran, needs to look out becaause with in 3 years all hell will break Louse.

a) why do you associate with admitted pedofiles?
b) weren't you supposed to defend your friends, not make them look worse? because this animosity isn't helping your game.

im probably freeding the troll here but I'm giving him the benifit of the doubt in hopes maybe he can disspell our negative disposition of people who like lolicon.

fawhooosh!
FlamingPinecone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
they may kill someone just for saying something bad about them.
relax donny, they're just nihilist. nothing to fear those men are cowards.

fawhooosh!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9