• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie Trailer Officially Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
I never felt like watching the series, I'll give this a shot though.
LunarianWarrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote
(squeal~) I really want to watch this movie! Eureka Seven is one of my favourite anime series and even if the trailer had some scenes from the anime, I really want to know, is that Eureka with the really long hair? Anime hyper Darn, It's things like this that really makes me want to go to a different country for. ( > ~ < )
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VLOXY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
VLOXY wrote:
To whom it may concern,

Please bring this movie to the theater in the United States.

Please license this movie for DVD distribution, etc.

Please do your best and congratulations!

Thank You
vloxy

Surprised

I'm pretty certain Bandai will license it this year. We might even get a limited theater run in the US similar to The Sword Of The Stranger.

I have all of my fingers crossed and toes as well. I hope that will happen. However, my Sword Of The Stranger experience was not that good. The theater I went to had audio synch problems.

Smile
Jarmel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I really want this and the original series on blu-ray. Eureka Seven is one of my favorite series and I fully plan on watching and buying this.
Nightmaresag

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for the release, and the DVD distribution.....

*edited post due to my lapses.... sorry

Last edited by Nightmaresag on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kyon27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope this gets licensed, but I would also like to see the original series released in a box set.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 pm Reply with quote
*Squeeee* ~~

Eureka Seven if my all time favorite anime Smile

I hope this movie does it justice!
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Razz WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Amazing..
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Dang, I forgot about this untill now. Though I haven't given it too much thought to it since the [as] broadcast ended, I still put the series together with one of my all-time favorites-- much like Teriyaki Terrier said (who has the most awesome motivational poster as an avatar) it was one of the few mecha-based anime that I really cared about. It was great that there were no hordes of effeminate angsty super pilots and an super-convoluted political backdrop in it; I tried getting into Gundam Zero on Sci-Fi most recently, but I really couldn't get past its first few episodes without feeling forced to continue on.

What kind of video player do you need for the trailer, though? All I'm getting is this black screen with some text dead across the center.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Kyon27 wrote:
I hope this gets licensed, but I would also like to see the original series released in a box set.

The first (of two) box sets is due out June 16th.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tyciol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
E7 is way too big and thorough and complex a series to summarize in a movie, so it'd have to be an add-on to the series unless they cut a bunch or alter it. I mean look at how much they changed the Escaflowne movie, and that was only a 26 ep not a 52.[/quote]
pixiebell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

I have been waiting on this box set for what seems like a long time. What great news!
Metal Superman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
According to those who've read it, this looks like an adaptation of the original anime's manga spinoff.

Someone lied to you. I own all six volumes of the manga and this is nothing like it. Not to mention, the manga sucks. However, from what ANN has reported in the past, this movie is supposed to be a re-imagined version of Eureka seveN. It's a 'What If?' storyline.

Animerican14 wrote:
What kind of video player do you need for the trailer, though? All I'm getting is this black screen with some text dead across the center.

Scroll your mouse down to the bottom left hand side of the screen. There should be a "small" menu that pops up allowing you to hit play.

Jedi General wrote:
Kyon27 wrote:

I'm glad it's finally getting box-sets. Unfortunately, I gave into the pressure and bought all the single DVDs as they came out. I ended up spending around $250, minus sales tax. It's still my favorite series of all time. I think I've seen all 50 episodes about 15 times each. That's a minimum approximation.

Last edited by Metal Superman on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
RhymesWithEmpty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm rather for excited for this - I rather enjoyed this series. What intrigues me most about the trailer is how insane Holland seems...is he taking Anemone's drugs? And was that an old lady version of Anemone? And what's with Dominic's spiffy outfit? If this is based on the manga, then there must be a lot that happens in the last 2 volumes, because I have the 1st 4, and this is all new to me. This seems like a complete re-imagining. Which is ok with me, as long as they do it well - better than them trying to condense the original series into a movie, at any rate.

And Renton and Eureka are way too ridiculously adorable as little kids. Add in that new little mascot thing they have? That level of cute should not be allowed.

I'm also very glad to hear of the new box set - although I have the 1st volume of the anime, and I foolishly got it signed by Crispin Freeman and Patrick Seitz, Patrick having signed it with my favorite/the most awkward line of the series, so I can't bear to part it Razz Last time I get a single volume signed, heh.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3