• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best Animes

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyduoGigas

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I love Anime, all types. But not The Sci-Fi things at all. I like all the other types. My favorite Animes though are Chobits (Drama), Excel saga (Comedy), Rurouni Kenshin (Martial Arts), Angelic Layer (Drama, Action), and many more too, that I can't think of right now. I love all types of anime and I don't like Sci-Fi type though. Which are your favorites? And why though. I love them because they're special for me and all. Sorta..... I DON'T KNOW!!! Surprised
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quote
1. Rurouni Kenshin is NOT Martial Arts

2. Dont we have enough threads of this already? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
1. Rurouni Kenshin is NOT Martial Arts

Eh...Japanese swordsmanship could be considered a form of martial arts, y'know. It's not all unarmed combat.

On a somewhat similar note, Chobits is indeed science fiction as well as romance & drama.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Eh...Japanese swordsmanship could be considered a form of martial arts, y'know. It's not all unarmed combat.

erm... I think you mean armed combat. Confused

Yeah, I guess it could but Martial Art's has nothing to do with the "true" meaning behind the show. Besides, Sano's the only main character to actually use his fists.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
erm... I think you mean armed combat. Confused

Erm... I think the common stereotype is that martial arts is all unarmed. I wasn't talking about the show.

And though combat is not the central theme of the show, it does obsess about it quite a bit. Going on & on about each other's techniques & such, it gives Naruto a run for its money in long-winded explanations.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1