• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
live action Tekken?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Now...I'm not too familiar with the anime Tekken movie so I'm not sure how closely it fits with the video game. But cinescape has a blurb on a live action Tekken movie based on the game.

Quote:
Variety reports that DRUMLINE director Charles Stone will be shooting brutal brawls in his future. Stone has landed the task of directing the live-action TEKKEN movie, based on the Namco fighting game of the same title. The film is a co-production between Japan's Gaga Communications and Steven Paul's Crystal Sky Group and is budgeted at approximately $60 million dollars. Stone will segway into TEKKEN after he completed his next assignment, Bernie Mac's new comedy MR. 3000.

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=41538
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Oi... I like the Tekken games... but I don't want to see a liveaction version. The anime was pain enough. X_X
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought this movie was left for dead, it was announced something like 2 years ago and not a word about it since.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, It could be goo:!:-- *get flashback of G-Savior* OMG! Kill, KILL IT NOW! <(Anime dazed)> ZOMBIES!!! AHHH!

The anime truly was one of the WORST I have ever seen and Although a live action movie would have some potential, I doubt it'll be any good.

Any who the heck is the director? I've never even heard of him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1