• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone watched Crayon Shin-chan?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:22 am Reply with quote
I've been in this forum for a while already but never seen anyone mention about Crayon Shin-chan, except perhaps myself. Been watching the series and it's great.

TV series is dubbed in Chinese, I've got one movie and it's original Japanese audio with Chinese subs. This is the only anime where I can fully approve of the quality of the dubbing. The voice actor for Shinosuke is really good! Whoever he is, he deserves an Oscar, if there ever is one for voice acting (is there?).

Great series too, very comical. Always makes me laugh after a hard day's work. 16-month old son likes the show too, although it makes no sense to him. It reminds me of my son though, or what he'll probably be like in 4 years time.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:08 am Reply with quote
Used to watch it on KIKU in Hawaii. Dunno why they pulled it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:07 am Reply with quote
Fox Kids in the UK had been running the English dubs for a while now. It was the only anime that the missus would watch as it was so funny, but she never did like our two children watching it when they were Shin's age for fear of emmulating him. Especially when Shin would pull his shorts and pants down to play "Hi-ya Driver" in the back of his family car. Dangerous stuff. Rolling Eyes
TF

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote
well, i find it quite funny to watch, but i only watch it when nothing better is on TV
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about the English dub, but in the Chinese dub, everytime he pilled his shorts down, he'd sing this little ditty that goes "big elephant, big elephant". Man, it was hilarious. And the way he'd use a marker to draw a watch on his wrist and all that. It's a real cool series. It's light-hearted, fun and doesn't use up too many brain cells dissecting it or trying to make sense of it.

It's just silly humour but they really made it work here. And the animation style is so cool too.

On a few episodes, the regular voice actor for Shinosuke was missing (on leave or something) and they had a replacement but that guy never sounded good enough. Still, the jokes were enough to redeem those few episodes. Then the regular guy would come back and it was all good again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1