• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds El Cazador De La Bruja

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Hell yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'm very, VERY glad to see Funi isn't above licensing some series even a couple years old. X3

While it's good that shows make their way over -- and El Cazador is great show -- it seems that just about all of Funi's titles take a couple of years till they are released here.. or more.. Some titles like Romeo X Juliet just linger in C&D limbo for a long time.
Polly E.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
pparker wrote:

Did someone say Higurashi 2?

Keep the faith. S'bout all we can do x)
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Some titles like Romeo X Juliet just linger in C&D limbo for a long time.

And yet I can't see the argument "That series will never come overhere." working to well. As anyone who went through highschool would be familiar with that story. It's coming, have patience.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
I already own the much superior Noir.

The only thing Cazador has going for it is the Amigo Tacos song.

Still though, maybe the OST will come out so I can own it.
I thought it was much better than Noir...which was really slow and boring.

I guess it depends on what you like in terms of plot. If you like generic episodes which consist of:

1. Nadie and Ellis stumble into a town.
2. The duo bumps into someone who needs thier help, or a bounty hunter who is after Ellis.
3. The big guy with the pink haired loli may or may not show up, but they never really do anything.
4. The duo will do something that involves Amigo Tacos, usually working there.
5. Nadie will shoot the 'bad person' who is after them/their 'friend'.
6. The two will then keep "heading south" to get to Wiñay Marka, or however it's spelled.

EDIT: Also, there is a chance that creepy white-haired boy will come and fap over Ellis.

Oh, and Ms. Hayward was win. She was a tragically underused character.

That's it. That's the show until the last two episodes. Personally, I'll take Noir with the mystery of Soldats and Mirelle/Kirika's past any day of the week.

Last edited by Megiddo on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
SongstressCela wrote:
Hell yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'm very, VERY glad to see Funi isn't above licensing some series even a couple years old. X3

While it's good that shows make their way over -- and El Cazador is great show -- it seems that just about all of Funi's titles take a couple of years till they are released here.. or more.. Some titles like Romeo X Juliet just linger in C&D limbo for a long time.

Even a license is better than wandering if anything will ever happen. RxJ might have been C&D'd for awhile but it hasn't been -that- long since it aired. Could be worse, though, could be...*shudder* Viz.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Sumomomo Momomo Doesn't have Loli's. Loli's would be 10 year olds The main Character looks like a Loli but she is 17 years old pass the age of Loli.

In anime, age is but a number. Laughing
LuScr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Then of course we have Wolf and Spice, which has to be in some kind of situation otherwise it'd have been picked up by now.

I have my doubts about that. I enjoyed the show, but it isn't for everyone--the plot is driven not so much by the characters as by economics (currency trading, credit, bankruptcy, etc.) and relies heavily on textbook-level detail for its resolutions.

It's very much a niche title, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the usual suspects thought it wasn't worth bringing over (especially if the asking price is high).
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Sumomomo Momomo Doesn't have Loli's. Loli's would be 10 year olds The main Character looks like a Loli but she is 17 years old pass the age of Loli.

Thank you for responding to that misconception. Lolis include any girls who look younger than their age, not who ARE young. Young girls are just that, young girls. To Aru Majutsu no Index has an uber loli. A highschool teacher who looks and talks like a 10 yo, but still drinks beer. Talk about creepy.

EDIT- Oh yeah, I'm so stoked for this title. I never watched the fansubs cause I knew it would get licensed, being from Bee Train. Thankfully my patience has paid off. And I fall into the camp that found Noir way overrated. It wasn't bad by any means, but by the time I finally saw it, its hype had preceded it by a couple thousand miles, and I was left wondering what everyone thought was so "great" about it. It seemed run-of-the-mill to me.
holybell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that this title got licensed, but I have to pass on this one. Not my cup of tea, I guess.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited. Loved Noir and thought Madlax was decent. Didn't really think I would ever be able to see this one. Thanks FUNimation. Smile

As far as what some of you are talking about with shows being C&D'd and then nothing happening. Perhaps what is happening much of the time is FUNi showing interest in a show, but doesn't think it has enough fan interest to justify paying a top dollar fee for it. Then they wait for the fee to go down and then license the show. Other shows they deem more worthy come out more quickly, but they probably pay more for them as well. Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mastertr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Props to Funimation. I've already seen the first 20 episodes of El Cazador de la Bruja through....various means, but I loved it so I will definitely be adding this one to the buy-list. I didn't like it nearly as much as Noir, but I still thought it was great. It's girls-with-guns after all, which is one of my favorite genres of all time. With any luck Funimation will also put up some episodes on their video streaming service as well.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, this series does seem pretty interesting. Granted, I haven't seen Noir or Madlax (the other two series mentioned in here), but I'm going to hope that I don't need to watch those in order to watch this. =P

Anyway, I'm going to hope that Funi may put a couple of episodes up on their video portal for preview eventually. Sure, I know that's going to be a long time coming, but hey, it would be nice to see that before I go out and blind-buy the series. Anime hyper
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:06 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Then of course we have Wolf and Spice, which has to be in some kind of situation otherwise it'd have been picked up by now.

You mean Spice and Wolf. ^^; Literal translation doesn't always mean it's the right one~

Speaking of, though, I do wonder why Wiki's listed Kadokawa Pictures as a US licensor for some time now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

Thank you for responding to that misconception. Lolis include any girls who look younger than their age, not who ARE young. Young girls are just that, young girls. To Aru Majutsu no Index has an uber loli. A highschool teacher who looks and talks like a 10 yo, but still drinks beer. Talk about creepy.

EDIT- Oh yeah, I'm so stoked for this title. I never watched the fansubs cause I knew it would get licensed, being from Bee Train. Thankfully my patience has paid off. And I fall into the camp that found Noir way overrated. It wasn't bad by any means, but by the time I finally saw it, its hype had preceded it by a couple thousand miles, and I was left wondering what everyone thought was so "great" about it. It seemed run-of-the-mill to me.

Speaking of uber loli, Akira Kogami from Lucky Star she is the host of Lucky Channel She is 30 years old O_O if you never seen her before click here http://myanimelist.net/character/2309/Akira_Kogami
And every girl from Lucky Star look like there 10 years old but they are seniors in Hight School 17 and 18 Year olds. There should be no reason Sumomomo Momomo can't come to America I am sure Index will make it over here, its a pretty high Quality anime!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting, Funi is really on a roll though, now to hope the releases come out soon...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6