• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Samurai Deeper Kyo Ending question *spoiler*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sayuri

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Do I have to bother to use the word "spoiler"

I've been wondering about this for awhile and finally decide to ask the question. spoiler[Why was it necessarily for Kyo and Kyoshiro to fight to the death?]

[Edit: yes, it's necessary. Some people may not have gotten that far in the series yet, and it's certainly a spoiler. -b]

Last edited by Sayuri on Tue May 11, 2004 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Yes, you should use the word spoiler. You might have been asking a general question, or asking about how it's going to end versus the motivation in the ending. Even I hadn't seen the end of the series, so I would have preferred not coming across that spolier myself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
If it's any intrest to you, the manga is still going on in Japan, so I'm guessing it'll end differently.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Well here's how I feel about the ending and whole series in general.

spoiler[If you watched the whole series from beginning to end in one sitting you get a whole lot more out of the conflict between Kyoshiro and Demon Eyes Kyo. Since they are the same person, Demon Eyes Kyo being all of Kyoshiro's pure fighting instincts, void of all care in the world other than being the best. So since demon eyes in Kyoshiro, he still has the need to be the best, and since he WAS the best, I guess it's a dream come true for anyone who has beatin every opponate, to fight themselves. Of course this is just how I feel, and what I've gotten out of this amazing series.]
Sayuri

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, I was getting the impression that the story was trying to show that spoiler[ Kyo was starting to become more than just the fighting instinct. More by his actions than by what he said. I can't really remember, but wasn't that one reason why he and fire guy(grr what's his name) didn't get along any more? ]
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:55 pm Reply with quote
My comments are referring to spoiler[the fight between Kyoshiro and Kyo. And you're right about the transition from Kyo's pure fighting spirit, but that's a given from the first time he saved Yuya. But the entire time throughout the series, Kyo made the one promise that when he gets his body back, he will kill Kyoshiro. Maybe I shouldn't have said "this is my opinion on the fight and series entirety".]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1