• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I'm trying to find a certain anime, and help would be great

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huntd77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Ok, this has been bugging me for years. I kinda remember seeing an anime movie and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Now, when I saw it, it had to be between 1985-1988. All I remember about it are just images because I was REALLY young at the time. I think the opening credits scene had a really big red angel sitting down, and all around her were little angels flying around maybe in a circle around her. I can't remember what she was doing, maybe mixing a cauldron? I can't remember.

Now next thing I remember, Two guys swimming and I think they can breathe underwater there are lots of jellyfish swimming around them, it was a real beautiful scene. The guys look up and see a girl above the water. She is really bright and the guys almost can't look at her. One of them instantly falls for her. The other one says something like your not allowed to look or something.

Ok well thats it. I know this is REALLY vague and inconclusive but I had to try because its been bugging me for awhile, any help would be great.

-H
Confused_Killer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:14 pm Reply with quote
huntd77 wrote:
Ok, this has been bugging me for years. I kinda remember seeing an anime movie and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Now, when I saw it, it had to be between 1985-1988. All I remember about it are just images because I was REALLY young at the time. I think the opening credits scene had a really big red angel sitting down, and all around her were little angels flying around maybe in a circle around her. I can't remember what she was doing, maybe mixing a cauldron? I can't remember.

Now next thing I remember, Two guys swimming and I think they can breathe underwater there are lots of jellyfish swimming around them, it was a real beautiful scene. The guys look up and see a girl above the water. She is really bright and the guys almost can't look at her. One of them instantly falls for her. The other one says something like your not allowed to look or something.

Ok well thats it. I know this is REALLY vague and inconclusive but I had to try because its been bugging me for awhile, any help would be great.

-H

I wish I could help you out, but....... I have no idea.... Anime cry Sorry, wish I could help you out. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
If you could think of more details, I could try to find out.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:03 pm Reply with quote
huntd77 wrote:
Ok, this has been bugging me for years

Hmm... Maybe this?
anime#938
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
huntd77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I just got done looking through some screen shots, and damn your good I think that has to be it. Everything seems right, so thank sa bunch man you just gave me a lot of relief.

-H
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Thus proving that Cookie is the geekiest of us all. Wink

(no offense intended - I never could have identified this)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Thus proving that Cookie is the geekiest of us all. ;)

Many Adventures of Unico, Unico and the Island of Magic, Chirin's Bell, the little mermaid, this one... there's a few others, but usually if someone asks about an anime movie they saw in the 80s, dubbed into English, it's one of the above.

Although the titles are pretty rare now, they weren't so rare back in the 80s, which means that most people who are looking for long lost movies will usually end up describing one of the above.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:43 am Reply with quote
Hmm... I think that would explain a great deal. I was either too young for some of it at the time, or more likely, I lived in the wrong places. Having spent the last good chunk of the 80's in Germany, I missed out on a lot. The only english dubbed stuff I remember while I was there were Robotech and Tranzor Z.

I should have known that the stuff in the 80's (especially movies) that was dubbed was pretty limited, but I still really don't know all the titles from that time. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1