• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote
whats realy cool is the huge knightmare that was in the ship the avalon its realy cool looking
joshuafer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:11 am Reply with quote
I can't wait to see whats going to happen next, I like Kallen but I fear she is not going to make it much further. I hope some cool robots appear next episode, and I have to wonder what Zero ordered spoiler[ Suzaku ] to do.

Also, I wonder whats up with shirley...hmmm.

Last edited by joshuafer on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
darksideoftheanime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to see what happens next either. I want to see what happens to spoiler[Princess Euphemia]
freezespell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
Seven days is such a long time to wait.

I know what you mean.

darksideoftheanime wrote:
I can't wait to see what happens next either. I want to see what happens to spoiler[Princess Euphemia.]

Speaking of which, do I possibly sense the beginning of a spoiler[sibling split between her and Cornelia?] I'm starting to get the impression that spoiler[Cornelia] is becoming more of a dickhead than Byakuya Kuchiki ever thought about being. And to think, an episode or two ago, I was starting to feel some sympathy for her, but that's quickly gone away.

As far as that guy piloting the Avalon, he looks like spoiler[a manly man version of Clovis,] don't you think?
braves

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:
As far as that guy piloting the Avalon, he looks like spoiler[a manly man version of Clovis,] don't you think?

I believe that was spoiler[Schnizel](I don't really know how to spell that name). Nunnally mentioned spoiler[him] in passing once. IIRC, spoiler[he's Lelouch's and Nunnally's big brother.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 19 is out!

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951bc80ed4011c338c30bd04bb

spoiler[- Zero, Suzaku, Kallen, and Euphie somehow survived and now in an island! Plus there's a bunch of mystical stuff going on probably related to Geass.

- Zero hijacked probably one of the most powerful Knightmare available, the Gawain!

- And as for Geass order Zero gave to Suzaku, he ordered him to live. Will this be a good thing or a bad thing in the long-run? Surprised]
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quote
C2 or whatever her name is, is still awesome. I thought she was going to make that dudes head explode or something when he started mouthing off. Laughing Of course that didn't happen.

This show would be a lot better without all the teenage soap opera-age. Though this episode was quite good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
C2 or whatever her name is, is still awesome. I thought she was going to make that dudes head explode or something when he started mouthing off. Of course that didn't happen.

If it did go down, my money would be on C2 wiping the floor with Tamaki in short order. spoiler[Don't mess with an apathetic imortal chick who's lived WAY longer than you ever will.] Laughing
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
I gotta wonder who she was talking to after that little confrontation, is c2 batty or what ? hah I was surprised that spoiler[ Euphemia realized it was Lelouch the first time.] I also wonder what Suzaku will do spoiler[ now that he knows Kallen's identity, I wonder if she can go back to school, not that she seemed to like it there.] I am also surprised at how bad ass suzaku is, even without his mech. So looks like Lelouch spoiler[ got himself a new toy, one badass mech. You would think they could Lo jack that thing or something, no way to track it ?? heh ]. Looking forward to the next episode, like always.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to getting the DVD with this episode on it. Twisted Evil

Excellent and surprising episode. I was impressed that Euphemia spoiler[actually knew the whole time that Lulu was Zero.] It's clear she wants to bring about change the same way Suzaku does but just like him she doesn't actually have the power to change anything. If not for Cornelia being somewhat indulgent of her little sister's whims, she wouldn't even have been able to make Suzaku her knight. Thanks to spoiler[this "live" incident (the new "orange?")] even that's likely to fall apart.

Ah, Kallen spoiler[revealed. I mean, she's been found out as part of the Black Knights. I'd be shocked if Suzaku and his "must follow the rules" mantra doesn't mean she'll be forced out of her school life. (She'll be happier as a full-time guerilla anyway.) I wonder if that fight ]scene was edited any beyond the blurring.

Well, Lulu has spoiler[one more nightmare and this one hell of a prize. What does it do exactly? Who cares, it was important to the enemy and now it's his!]

C2 continues to be fascinating. By the way, is it just me or did she not really deny spoiler[the "Zero's mistress" label? It seemed like she mostly called Tamaki a gutter brain. (I kind of thought she was going to do something seriously scary to him.) Very interesting to see the debate amongst the Knights about whether or not to risk the whole organization to find Zero.]
braves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:25 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
I'm really looking forward to getting the DVD with this episode on it. Twisted Evil

Heh heh, that's assuming that the DVD you get can actually play on your DVD player for that long. Wink

I think that Lelouch will end up spoiler[trying to clean up his own mess after what he made Suzaku do when he geassed him.
]

And the opening song as grown on me, I don't loathe it anymore Razz and the new visuals are better than the ones they originally had for this song, though it's pretty much the same thing but in a different order.
freezespell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quote
I was a little surprised to find out that spoiler[Euphie knew that Lelouch was Zero the whole time. I wonder what Cornelia will think of this once she finally comes around to listening to her little sister.]

The one thing that really seemed to annoy me is that Kallen can't make up her own damn mind on who she is. Near the end of the last episode, she referred to herself as Kallen spoiler[Stadtfeld] when trying to reason with Suzaku but in this episode she calls herself Kallen spoiler[Kozuki]. Which one is it? Can't have it both ways and besides, spoiler[she's not "Japanese", she's half Brittanian, half Eleven.] And honestly, you would think that spoiler[Suzaku, hell, even the entire student body at Ashford Academy would be able to pick up on this just by looking at her. In real life, I don't have any difficulty in being able to tell if someone has a certain race mixed into their skin tone and you would think that would carry over into this but obviously not. ]

Anyway, my first impression of Schneizel in this episode has a little bit of uncertainty to it. He seems like a nice guy and he doesn't really have an evil aura to him but that's probably because he hasn't cowardly killed any innocent Elevens yet like his spineless little brother Clovis and his prickish, iron-fisted sister Cornelia, and speaking of which, I just don't know where I truly stand with Cornelia. I can't stand her and I wish Zero would just kill her already in one episode and then I start sympathizing with her and I don't feel so bad about her the next. Weird, isn't it?

Is it just me, or does Lloyd Asplund remind any of you of Gin Ichimaru from Bleach? I'm surprised that no one has picked up on this yet because they both have similar hair colors, they both talk very "flamboyantly", and they have similar grins as well. The difference is that Lloyd isn't some spoiler[evil traitor like Gin Ichimaru was.]

braves wrote:
And the opening song as grown on me, I don't loathe it anymore and the new visuals are better than the ones they originally had for this song, though it's pretty much the same thing but in a different order.

I never listened to that theme song again after I heard it the first time. If I wanted to listen to shitty singing that could make my ears bleed, I'd watch American Idol, but to each his (or her) own, I guess.[/spoiler]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Lloyd isn't much like Gin. They both have the fairly typical anime "closed eyes character" thing going on, but that's about it. I haven't watched the Japanese version of this one, but I kinda doubt he's rock'in an Osaka-ben in that one either.

As for Kallen, yeah, it's practically impossible for them to not know she has Asian blood, although there are alternatives I suppose.
wolfsbane12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:20 am Reply with quote
The shows getting pretty good, I just have to resist the urge to Wiki the second season's (so tempting to see what happens) entry to find out what happens.

For a mainstream show, there's a lot of frontal nudity (blurred as it is) but this is the third(?) time theres been frontal. Not turned off, just surprised, and enticed to check out DVD Smile.
Chaos42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quote
well there isn't as much nudity in the second season but the fanservice is big and plentiful
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 60