• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell TV Release PR

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
I think the PR is trying to say that Bandai will be making the discs, and Manga will be distributing them. Manga may be one of the worst companies out there, but you have to admire them for being able to distributed over 100,000 copies without breaking a nail.

Yup, manga has the best distributionnetwork of any North American anime company, both in Canada and the United States.

They've certainly had a couple misses in the past 3 years in regards to their DVDs, but lets wait and see what happens.

I honestly don't know exactly how the duties will be split between the two companies yet...

-t
woodshop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:21 pm Reply with quote
ok first of new to this forum long time anime lover.
I loved this movie although this will definatly fall under the CN to butcher list to make sutiable for kids of all ages list. This movie contained full frontalt nudity in some spots and who can count all the killing with the blood and the guts Very Happy
woodshop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
woodshop wrote:
ok first of new to this forum long time anime lover.
I loved this movie although this will definatly fall under the CN to butcher list to make sutiable for kids of all ages list. This movie contained full frontalt nudity in some spots and who can count all the killing with the blood and the guts Very Happy

oops did not notice this was the "TV" series but still i'm sure ti will be butchered by CN.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:32 pm Reply with quote
1. The edit button is your friend.
2. It will be airing on Adult Swim, so the edits would be minimal at most.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
woodshop wrote:
This movie contained full frontalt nudity in some spots and who can count all the killing with the blood and the guts Very Happy

Aside from spoiler[Motoko getting torn apart at the end (which...she was a cyborg, so doesn't technically count),] there were only about two genuinely graphic killings in the entire movie.

And yes, like Swordfish said, the show will be airing on Adult Swim, so editing will be light, if even at all..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:31 am Reply with quote
for those that will be buying it cough:me:cough whether its edited really isn't a problem Very Happy
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:41 am Reply with quote
woodshop wrote:
oops did not notice this was the "TV" series but still i'm sure ti will be butchered by CN.

For some reason, I've seen several people, including John Oppenheimer of Anime Nation, say that "GitS: SAC" will be edited heavily on CN, even though it's going to Adult Swim. And yet no one has provided any proof of this. No examples, no reasoning, nothing. And several people I know who have actually seen most or all of the show say that it's quite tame compared to other shows that were left intact on Adult Swim. The eight episodes I've seen only seem to confirm this.

I'm pretty sure "GitS: SAC" will be left virtually untouched on Adult Swim, especially with how the block has evolved in terms of allowable content.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:01 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
I'm pretty sure "GitS: SAC" will be left virtually untouched on Adult Swim, especially with how the block has evolved in terms of allowable content.

Though I'm sure the OP and preview will be cut and the ED sped up. Rolling Eyes
okendri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Well he did say virtually untouched. Razz
I would put much credence in John's opinion on what will be and won't be edited for Adult Swim. He has admitted that he doesn't watch televised anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2