• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Music themes that don't fit into either OP or END...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm stumped on what to call the music themes played during the episode of any anime series. Inuyasha and some other anime series have a few of these missing link musicial themes in them and like I said before I'm not sure on what to call them. Here are my ideas thus far:Insert Song, or Central Theme...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quote
They are generally refered to as Character Themes, Ballads, Event Themes and what-not. There is no real name for them I beleave so we can call them diddles, melodies, those-without-a-name, Wilbur, I dunno.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote
They are generally refered to as Character Themes, Ballads, Event Themes and what-not. There is no real name for them I beleave so we can call them diddles, melodies, those-without-a-name, Wilbur, I dunno.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Ian but let me clarify more these themes have lyrics in addition to that they do have a name of the music compostion, the band, artist, etc and these are played only are in a few select espisodes or one. For example there is a "central theme" in espisode 124 of Inuyasha, and other one I can name at the top of my head is the chior singing a song for espisode 128.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Well....I still vote for Wilbur. Such a cute name...
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Insert Song is probably the better of the two.

Of course, we no longer have the "Theme Song" entry, as it's been split up into "Opening Theme" and "Ending Theme".

Hmm... I suppose it's good information to have, but I don't know if we "need" it right now.. There's a LOT of series that don't even have basic information filled out, information that could be gleaned from DVD credit lists. I think it might be a higher priority to add information to those shows..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Well thanks for commenting Cookie you bring up a good point. The problem with the other series that I want to contribute info is that I haven't seen ANY of them let alone know that they exist....
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:41 am Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:
Of course, we no longer have the "Theme Song" entry, as it's been split up into "Opening Theme" and "Ending Theme".

Even before I split the "Theme Song" entry, you either had to prefix it with "OP" or "ED", so nothing has changed. I think that "insert songs" can be ignored for now. I mean, we could also list the names of all the songs on all the OSTs, but that is really an issue for another day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1