• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Hideo Kojima is a Guinness World Record Breaker

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Technically, it IS... it's just not a terribly impressive one.

Whatever, he can keep his certificates as long as he doesn't start bragging about how he made the stealth genre, that's bull. He may have gotten there first, but judging from the NES version, Metal Gear is a pretty piss-poor stealth game. MGS may be better, but it was beaten to the market by Thief, which far outclasses it. And Thief II outclasses them both.

Sorry. It just irks me a little when people talk about what a great stealth game MGS is and completely ignore the Thief series. Not as much as when people talk about the whole open-world concept as being derived from GTA when cRPGs had been doing it for at least a decade before, but still...

Ahhh, I'm griping pointlessly. Ignore me...

Check out the original MSX2 version of Metal Gear 2.Most of the gameplay you've seen in the Solid series originated from this.This award should have been,most ideas stolen from action movie award,or best use of Kurt Russell's cheesy past.They could at least mention the numerous amounts of Lego's Kojima used during production of each Solid title.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quote
"...and to think that I started from all the way down here and I got up to there now blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah." Well, I'm sure he's happy what with all the hard work that he put into creating the franchise, so good job to him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2