• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Metaphor: ReFantazio Game Review

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:02 am Reply with quote
Interesting, this has gone from being a "definite pass" when they put out the first trailer, to quickly becoming one of the more interesting RPGs to follow right now.
ronaldnorman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:15 pm Reply with quote
A beautiful, 100-hour-long journey from beginning to end, Metaphor: ReFantazio takes the best elements of Persona 5 and somehow improves on them.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:03 pm Reply with quote
As someone who was not very impressed with Persona 5 at all despite the lavish praise it was getting, and found myself somewhat let down by SMTV's vanilla release, I'm still not sold on this one. I'll let a few weeks pass by, wait for word of mouth to spread around, and see what people are saying at that time before i make a decision
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see such a rave review for the game!
Vanadise

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:10 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
I'll let a few weeks pass by, wait for word of mouth to spread around, and see what people are saying at that time before i make a decision

I'm kind of in the same boat; I liked but didn't love P5, and the thought of spending >80 hours playing what basically looks like Fantasy Persona is daunting in comparison to how many shorter games I could play in that time.

But the real reason I'm not buying this on release is Atlus' track record with nearly every other game they've developed since Persona 3; they're almost guaranteed to make a re-release of this game that fixes problems and adds more content, and I definitely don't want to play through an 80-hour game twice. So I'm just going to wait for the inevitable re-release and play that version if it has managed to catch my attention by then.
RDespair

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 1:44 am Reply with quote
There's a sizeable demo of the first 8 hours or so of the game if you're on the fence. Saves transfer to full game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1