• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Hunter Wilds Game Launches Globally on February 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:12 pm Reply with quote
They've already confirmed in July that the current Switch isn't powerful enough for this title, but is there any information indicating that this could be a launch title for the upcoming one ? ( can't imagine the next one to be powerful enough though )
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:29 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
They've already confirmed in July that the current Switch isn't powerful enough for this title, but is there any information indicating that this could be a launch title for the upcoming one ? ( can't imagine the next one to be powerful enough though )

To be honest, I have my doubts if even the current gen will run it properly.

I might bite on the pro version of PS5 if there's any indication that it can run this decently since it's a weird release window where I'm not sure I want a new PC with a 4000 series card or whatever we got at the time, but it took another generation of systems for World to run the way it's supposed to.

Not that I can't play this at a borked framerate since I was able to play MHGU just fine through laggy OBS because I was too lazy to move my Switch setup around.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:08 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

I don't think anyone expected MH Wilds to come on the regular Switch considering that the console couldn't run World and that Capcom decided to develop Rise for the system. Though to be fair, after seeing the requirements for MH: Wilds, I'm having some doubts about the game running on the Switch 2, I wonder what Capcom has planned for the system, I think there's a possibility of porting a deluxed version of MH: World to the Switch 2, but porting a by then 8 year old game as a major release would be kind of boring, though I guess we'll see plenty of PS4/Xbox One ports for the Switch 2. Capcom could develop a unique MH game for the Switch 2, like they did with Rise, but considering the Switch 2 is going to be at least as powerful as a PS4 Pro, the game should be similar to MH World in scope and it would still be kind of expensive to develop a game, even for an underpowered, at least compared to its competitors, console.
Still, I think we'll see a MH game for the Switch 2 in the future, the series has always sold millions of copies for its portable versions for the PSP and 3DS in Japan, and I'm sure Capcom would want the series to still be relevant in Japan, I doubt MH: Wilds is going to move a lot of PS5 hardware in Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1