• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:21 am Reply with quote
Yeah, not surprised at all. One of the most popular shows this season. Now, if OnK also gets another season...
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:30 am Reply with quote
Yes not surprising but well appreciated, i'm glad it stop where i wanted, i hope they will also adapt some scene from vol 4.5 and continue with music cover for the endings.
I just need Gimai Seikatsu S2 tomorrow and my top 3 most wanted sequel from this season would already be announced.
doomrider7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:39 am Reply with quote
Good for them.
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah that is not shocking. i am glad it is getting more since i have enjoyed quite a lot.

Quote:
Yes not surprising but well appreciated, i'm glad it stop where i wanted, i hope they will also adapt some scene from vol 4.5 and continue with music cover for the endings.

i could see them do a 4 OVA episode after season that would cover volume 4.5 and maybe even the Isekai special volume
Smongo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:14 am Reply with quote
Let’s go. ***TF2 Kozotsky Kick***
lucio542

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:27 am Reply with quote
Great!
Now OnK and Makeine need it too.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:32 am Reply with quote
It would have been weird if it didn't get a second season.
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:47 am Reply with quote
Oh man, Vol. 4 is absolutely gonna break the internet when certain scenes get animated lol.
InfiniteNothingness

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:58 am Reply with quote
Sweet. Now just hope the same for Makeine, and that'd be equally unsurprising.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:03 pm Reply with quote
It's the most popular new series of the season by a large margin according to the numbers on both CR and MAL. (On MAL it's got half again the ratings of the next-nearest new title and is almost 90% of the level of expected season leader OnK.) It not quickly getting a sequel would have been more surprising.

Honestly, while I'm not surprised that this series is successful, I am surprised at its high level of success, especially for a mostly-conventional romcom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
It's the most popular new series of the season by a large margin according to the numbers on both CR and MAL. (On MAL it's got half again the ratings of the next-nearest new title and is almost 90% of the level of expected season leader OnK.) It not quickly getting a sequel would have been more surprising.

Honestly, while I'm not surprised that this series is successful, I am surprised at its high level of success, especially for a mostly-conventional romcom.

I think where this sticks out from the rest imo, is that this is one of those rare Romcoms where the male lead and side character are more interesting than the FMC. Alya is a fine enough FMC, but Masachika, Yuki, Masha and Nonoa are so more interesting.
TheOnePieceIsReal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:18 pm Reply with quote
It's always nice to see a popular anime get another season.

As for the talks on Oshi no Ko and Makeine I think the idea of them getting another season is like Frieren. It's more of a case of "when" they'll announce it rather "if" they announce it.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
As fair it to be, Roshidere novel in Japan even before the anime was among the top 10 bestsellers, so there shouldn't be a lot of surprise - same as what happened with The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten last year.
LukaTheLancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
Oh man, Vol. 4 is absolutely gonna break the internet when certain scenes get animated lol.

i was shocked over one added line in episode 12 that was not in the LN spoiler[ Masha's: "Maybe i should take a walk to the park every day myself" that is some nice set up]

Last edited by LukaTheLancer on Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akcoll99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:26 pm Reply with quote
LukaTheLancer wrote:
Aerodynamic41 wrote:

i was shocked over one added line in episode 12 that was not in the LN spoiler[ Masha's: "Maybe i should take a walk to the park every day myself" that is some nice set up]

Good catch. I completely missed that.

Glad to see a season 2 confirmed. I'm curious to see if/how they fit any of the side stories from volume 4.5 into the new season.

Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone know why the manga adaption hasn't been licensed in the US yet? Most publishers try to get both the manga and LN's together in a package deal. I'm curious why that hasn't happened with the Alya series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2