• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GoHands' Momentary Lily Is What We Expect from the Studio, For Better or Worse

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:00 pm Reply with quote
THEORETICAL PLOT TWIST: They were going to put all their technical expertise to actual good use with Tokyo Babylon, but all the plagiarized costume designs put an end to that. So instead, we get Kirakira Hand Shakers a la Mode.
InfiniteNothingness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I wanna know where they get the money to do so many weird originals. From what I know about the industry (which I guess could be wrong) originals are risky and if they aren't successful the studio loses a lot of money.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Unironically really likes their giant cat show, although yes, many of the directorial choices were puzzling. On the whole, though, there seems a decent chance any show they make will be a wonderful mess. I'm there for that sort of action.
Daze3x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I was hoping this show would improve upon their past mistakes. From what I've seen in the trailer, it seemed like their reigned in their incomprehensible camera movement. But I guess that's how they get ya.
remuremu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:17 pm Reply with quote
worst anime studio
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Definitely sounds about what I expected.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Unironically really likes their giant cat show, although yes, many of the directorial choices were puzzling. On the whole, though, there seems a decent chance any show they make will be a wonderful mess. I'm there for that sort of action.

By "giant cat show" do you mean Dekiru Neko wa Kyō mo Yūutsu (The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today)? I really liked the morning commute scene from Episode 1.

I will watch Momentary Lily if for nothing else the cute girls' hair waving around (a GoHands specialty), but it looks like it will be generally fun. From the PV it looks like some bonus ecchi is a possibility.
MysteryOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I also got to see the premiere since it was in same room as my friend's panel on 2000's J-Pop right before it. I agree with everything they said in the article and would like to add that with all the unnecessary movement, the Big Sister character Erika breasts boobily in a way I don't think I've seen since like Highschool of the Dead.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:25 pm Reply with quote
MysteryOtaku wrote:
I also got to see the premiere since it was in same room as my friend's panel on 2000's J-Pop right before it. I agree with everything they said in the article and would like to add that with all the unnecessary movement, the Big Sister character Erika breasts boobily in a way I don't think I've seen since like Highschool of the Dead.

Sounds like they're continuing the Hand Shakers legacy just fine
JustMonika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely be watching this after thoroughly enjoying The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses. That had some of the best animation I've ever seen.
XAndreaX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:25 am Reply with quote
I can only hope this doesn't become a parasitic yuribait hellhole like Hibike! Euphonium....
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:48 am Reply with quote
MysteryOtaku wrote:

Thank you for this information. I look forward to watching it even more after the 1st trailer.
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:54 am Reply with quote
remuremu wrote:
worst anime studio

There are far worse studios than GoHands.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:11 am Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate helpfully inquired:

Quote:
By "giant cat show" do you mean Dekiru Neko wa Kyō mo Yūutsu (The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today)? I really liked the morning commute scene from Episode 1.

Yes! Exactly! Again, a few of the directorial choices were dubious, but on the whole it was a very fun anime. Meanwhile, Girl Who Couldn't Remember Her Glasses was a one joke show that never managed to find new things to do with it's core premise. And I'm a sucker for romcoms, so it I found it that bad then you're doing something wrong. Masterful Cat proves they can do a pretty all right show if the stars align, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2