• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Plus-Sized Elf (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Plus-Sized Elf (TV)

Source: Manga (completed @ 8 volumes by Synecdoche)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: Elias

Genres: comedy, fantasy

Themes: ecchi, elves

Plot Summary: Naoe-kun, a massage therapist, is about to head home for the day when he's saddled with a rather strange patient. This lovely lady has emerald eyes, pointy ears, and grew up in the forest–everything about her screams “elf,” except for one thing: her bodacious body. It turns out she left her world but loves junk food in this one, and now her obsession has caught up with her.

Air Date & Platform:
July 6, 2024 (Saturday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending

Last edited by Tony K. on Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I was interested thinking it would be a show about health and losing weight in a safe manner, yet the trailer makes it look like a fetish show which I am far less interested in.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this one is not for me. I was hoping that the show would be about presenting that eating healthy and exercising enough is important to stay healthy. Maybe give some proper tips and information about diets and how to work out while they are at it. That kind of is in the first episode, yet it is very much overshadowed by the fanservice and jokes. It is hard to take something seriously when after talking about how someone is damaging their health said person goes moaning and wearing overly tight clothes.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:22 am Reply with quote
It does seem like this is aimed at a very small audience. I don't think people wanting the typical fan service anime will like it. People looking to endorse the "embrace all body types" philosophy probably won't like it. People looking for a physical fitness message probably won't like it. The screwball comedy wasn't all that yuk yuk.

Pass.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Plus-Sized Elf is exactly what I knew what it was... minus about half the episode. It's a ten minute one shot that somehow becomes an ongoing series, a series whose mantra can only be "failure is the only option". One joke, stretched out for 14 episodes, I don't know...

Naoe: "I would go out with drinks with my boss but she drinks all night long and gets kind of handsy...." Ah, one of those kind of....
"... which isn't necessarily a bad thing but.."
It's ten minutes a week, I'm in. I want to know his "but".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1