• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pseudo Harem (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:29 pm Reply with quote

Pseudo Harem (TV)

Source:

Demographic:

Animation Studio:

Genres:

Themes:

Plot Summary: Eiji is a second-year high school student and a member of his school's drama club as a stagehand. He meets Rin, a first-year high school student and a member of the same drama club. Rin serves as the long-awaited hope of the club.

Air Date & Platform:
July 4, 2024 (Thursday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime:
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:25 am Reply with quote
The first episode was very charming and the show has a lot going for it. The chemistry between the main characters is strong from the start and all of their interactions are either funny, cute, romantic or all at the same time. It adds to the fun that the other characters acknowledge how much fun those two goofballs are having together. Add the solid animation and vibrant look to all that and you have a winner if it were not for one glaring issue.

The issue in question is repetition. The anime is based on a short issue manga/4-koma and that format means lots of shorter segments and as good as no lenghty continuous ones. I have said it before and I will say it again: 12 minute episodes usually work better for shows based on 4-koma manga, now there is the risk of things feeling samey or the episodes overly long.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:48 am Reply with quote
I think you've got a valid concern since I was a little tired of the repetition by the end of the episode. The MC seemed like a little 3 year old kid who'd just seen a neat trick. Again! Again! Again! Again! Again! Again! If you took out the dialogue where he was demanding or reacting to the female lead's impersonations you'd have about half a minute's worth of conversation.

This one's a drop for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1