• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Hashira Training Arc Anime Ends With 2 Extended Episodes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I will watch when the anime adapts all the manga.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Literally everyone: "This season is absurdly dragged out and void of substance, get on with it!"
Ufotable: "Hold my sword..."
Glordit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:41 pm Reply with quote
The episodes will probably be around ~25 minutes and ~40 minutes long when you remove all the breaks.
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:45 pm Reply with quote
With the amount of material left for Hashira Training arc the big UFOTable troll is now ON
theEugAbides

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm watching these last two episodes cause if it ends where I think it will end then it a great way to end the HASHIRA training arc and begining the infinity castle!! I honestly never watched this season but I knew I wanted to really see how this season ended
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:27 pm Reply with quote
theEugAbides wrote:
I'm watching these last two episodes cause if it ends where I think it will end then it a great way to end the HASHIRA training arc and begining the infinity castle!! I honestly never watched this season but I knew I wanted to really see how this season ended

The “drop” right???

Major incoming UFOTable troll if they finish on the “drop”

Start a book…big incoming movie announcement says I
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:11 pm Reply with quote
James Beckett: *screams internally*
Sekaro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:39 am Reply with quote
Oh boy.... The reviewer for this series is not gonna like the sound of this, thats for sure... Laughing
megazero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:23 am Reply with quote
Not expecting this...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:44 am Reply with quote
These final 100 minutes will be based on exactly 1,75 chapters and this overall monstrosity of a season is based on 9 chapters that don´t contribute too much to the final arc. They should have invented an anime-only mission that accompanies the training and builds up the final conflict if filler was the only option as dragging the season into more than 4 regular episodes created slower pacing than in One Piece. 12 eps for 9 chapters, Jesus. Or air 2 TV specials after the mini-season based on the Gaiden manga. A season's worth of dead air is now forever part of this show, one that only had a single filler ep before and it only existed to justify Mugen Train´s recut into episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:07 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
This monstrosity is based on 9 chapters that don´t contribute too much to the final arc. They should have invented an anime-only mission that accompanies the training and builds up the final conflict if filler was the only option as dragging this into more than 4 regular episodes created slower pacing than in One Piece. 12 eps for 9 chapters, Jesus. Or air 2 TV specials after the mini-season based on the Gaiden manga. A season's worth of dead air is now forever part of this show, one that only had a single filler ep before and it only existed to justify Mugen Train´s recut into episodes.

Define filler ?

There is no 100% anime filler - 2 weeks spent dragging out circa 3 pages of a single chapter for the sake of an extra blu-ray volume

Last 3 weeks could have been done in 1 6 instead of 8

Apart from that sin followed the manga pretty faithfully

In any case with 40 mins next week and 60 minute finale were on for an epic UFO Table troll cliffhanger says I. The “drop” is on!

spoiler[I’m thinking they will end the season at the point Muzan drops them in to the infinity castle and then announce 2 or 3 part movie finale.]
Custom Apex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
The episodes will probably be around ~25 minutes and ~40 minutes long when you remove all the breaks.

What if that's not the case? Like it really will be as long commercial free?
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Custom Apex wrote:
Glordit wrote:

What if that's not the case? Like it really will be as long commercial free?

it is the case. it's always been the case. double episode "60 min" slot always means around 40 min net time, they have been doing this every season since season 2.
a 40 min time slot will be 30 min or less.
when they extend the episode they also add another one or two commercial breaks.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:07 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
In any case with 40 mins next week and 60 minute finale were on for an epic UFO Table troll cliffhanger says I. The “drop” is on!

You really, really don't need to mention the same un-clever spoiler in every single comment you make in every thread about this series.

I am baffled that they can get away more extended episodes this season. Confused
gumbaloom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
gumbaloom wrote:

You really, really don't need to mention the same un-clever spoiler in every single comment you make in every thread about this series.

I am baffled that they can get away more extended episodes this season. Confused

I've thought since the end of Swordsmith Village that they wouldnt end the Hashira Training Arc EXACTLY where the manga ends the arc.

It would be really lame if it ended with spoiler[Muzan showing up at the mansion and cut to black ]

At least it gives the season a decent finish as these "extend 1 - 2 pages of manga" to full episodes has made me loose the will to live at times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2