• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Hunter Wilds Game's 1st Trailer Reveals Gameplay Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a fun spin on the franchise!
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 9:10 am Reply with quote
In the positives column, that older guy in the trailer looks like they may be the same character returning from MH4U. If this winds up being a more narrative-driven experience that gives us a deeper look at The Guild and the lore/worldbuilding of Monster Hunter, I think that's something that the series has been missing for a while.

That said.... I'm dismayed they seem to be leaning towards a very Dragon's Dogma 2/uncanny valley kind of a vibe in that trailer. At first I thought part of it was because the ENG acting was so bad, but even in the JP trailer, this doesn't look like I'm watching Monster Hunter. DD2 on PC has some very mucked up technical garbage going on under the hood of its PC port, and so-help-me if every character/monster's clothes & fur is CPU-calculated.... I'm very likely gonna be excluded from playing right out of the gate by default since DD2 doesn't run on my system.

I'm very concerned that I'm currently sitting more excited for the Stories 1 remaster than the "successor" to the incredible Monster Hunter World.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1