• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan VR Game Delayed to Latter Half of 2024

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:07 am Reply with quote
For the people that don't have VR and aren't in the know, there's been a relatively popular VR Attack on Titan fangame that you can sideload free for a pretty long time, and I've been suspecting for a while now that this particular "official" Attack on Titan "game" announcement has been tossed out to die, only just to act as a placeholder and potentially cash in on interest from the VR space. Note the quotations I use because UNIVRS is pretty much just a glorified mobile dev. I was already highly skeptical that this project would amount to anything, and I'd have won some money if I had officially placed a bet that a delay was coming.

I don't want to crap on them for the size of their studio, but it's legitimately tragic that we have some cool stuff like RE4, Assassins' Creed, AltDeus: Beyond Chronos (visual novel with mechs), and Ruins Magus (a good, quick & dirty Zelda) to show off the broad range of what VR is capable of.... and UNIVRS shows what looks like a suspiciously-prerendered Wii shovelware trailer with no discernible gameplay, announcing that a game previously unheard of from a studio with no remarkable track record was going to be purchasable in 6 months to a year originally?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1