• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Season 2 Anime Reveals 2nd Half Themes in New Videos

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:25 am Reply with quote
I question the need for two trailers for both theme songs, especially with how they show a lot, but I can't argue how hyped I am to see the second half of Farmland Saga adapted.

The themes song are great too. SurviveSaid The Prophet are back! I'm hoping the new Opening has a lot more going on than the first did.
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:37 am Reply with quote
Survive is pretty good but it sure seems hard to surpass Lymk
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:16 am Reply with quote
Looking at the trailer, it looks like Thorfinn has already given up on his vow of non-violence. Sparring with Snake is just a warm-up for what he's getting involved in for the rest of the season.

Need to listen to the OP and ED songs in full before making my mind up. They set the mood, at the very least.
TheSleepyMonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:22 am Reply with quote
This is probably the only anime I've seen where I can say all ending themes are 10/10.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:47 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Looking at the trailer, it looks like Thorfinn has already given up on his vow of non-violence. Sparring with Snake is just a warm-up for what he's getting involved in for the rest of the season.

Need to listen to the OP and ED songs in full before making my mind up. They set the mood, at the very least.

It’s more of self-defense actually.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:09 am Reply with quote
The Slavery arc is shorter than the last arc so S2 should cut into the 3rd arc of the anime. Getting to at least chapter 100 should be a must as it bridges the 2nd season to the start of the tale.

Regarding the direction for Thorfinn. spoiler[There is no way that Thorfinn can ever break his pacifism vow. I have no idea if the most recent and final arc will stick to history or not as the manga would end on a very dark note but there is a zero percent chance of him drawing blood ever again without ruining the character or anti-war intent of the manga.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1